|Minister of Healthcare of Azerbaijan Republic|
October 20, 2005
|Preceded by||Ali Insanov|
August 12, 1950 |
Shiraliyev was born in 1950 in Baku, Azerbaijan. He graduated from Azerbaijan Medical University and completed his doctoral degree in Moscow, Russia. In 1988, Shiraliyev was appointed the Director of State Medical Diagnostics Center which he headed for 17 years.
On October 20, 2005 President Ilham Aliyev sacked previous minister Ali Insanov replacing him with Ogtay Shiraliyev. Within three months of his term, Shiraliyev reformed the medical services in state hospitals and received 30% increase in state healthcare funding. Construction of new medical diagnostic centers and hospitals in regions of Azerbaijan became a priority.
Shiraliyev is also heading the Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases.
- "Октай Ширалиев назначен министром здравоохранения" [Ogtay Shiraliyev appointed Minister of Healthcare]. Trend News Agency. 2005-10-20. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- Oleg Tsyganov; Shamil Mejidov (2006-01-26). "Октай ШИРАЛИЕВ, министр здравоохранения Азербайджана: "Для государства нет задачи важнее охраны здоровья народа"" [Ogtay Shiraliyev, Minister of Healthcare of Azerbaijan: "There is nothing more important than the welfare of people"]. Izvestiya. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Октай Ширалиев - новый министр здравоохранения Азербайджанa" [Ogtay Shiraliyev - new minister of healthcare of Azerbaijan]. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Oqtay Şirəliyev Zaqatalada yeni xəstəxananın açılışında olub" [Ogtay Shiraliyev attended opening of a new hospital]. Kaspi online. 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2010-11-12.
- "Eurasia Congress of Infectious Diseases. Congress Organizing Committee". Retrieved 2010-11-12.
|This article about an Azerbaijani politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|