Ogu Apu Tonye Mie
Unity, Service and Development
|Date created||1st October 1996|
One of the 24 designated Urban Towns carved out in 1987 by the Rivers State Government
|• Type||local government|
|• Chairman||Navy Captain (Rtd) Erasmus Victor, Executive Chairman|
|• Total||34 sq mi (89 km2)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (WAT)|
It has an area of 89 km² and a population of 74,683 at the 2006 census. This is an area belonging to the Ogu–Bolo people.
Satellite villages and fishing settlements include: Tende Ama, Ada Ama I, Ada Ama II, Tamuno Ama (Ofunguru Ama), Yude Ama, New Ogu (Kporo Ama), Chuku Ama, Nemieboka Ama, Igafe Ama, Tendefe Ama, Olobulo Ama, Brown Ama, Afaka Ama, Agakien Ama, Daso Ama, Owukiri Ama, Omodarani Ama, Piri Ama, Ogobo Ama, Iwomabie Ama, Ogweinbie Ama, Owupele Ama, Fombo Ama, Siere Ama, Ogugu-Chuku Ama, Igbikiyemieari Ama, Tububie Ama, Orubie Ama, Anigoboka Ama, Atubonacheofoin-a Ama, Nyanabo Ama, Ogonotoru Ama, Ilanga/Yikabo Ama, Febie Ama, Amabara Ama, Adufe Ama, Chuku Ama II, Ikikafipiri Ama, Olomusoko Ama, Ikpokiri I, Ikpokiri II, Ikpokiri III (Wharf), Tombikuku, Owugono, Ibiorika Kiri, Ibiebele Kiri, Orabere Kiri, Yikabo Kiri, Gream Kiri, Odo Kiri, Abereniboye Kiri, Adokiye kiri, Owuapuigbiki Kiri, Kulo Kiri, Sani Kiri, Apanatibo Kiri, IpiangbafibumoKiri, Bumo Kiri, Semenibipi/Iyo Kiri, Ichi Kiri, Adolphus Nemieboka Kiri, Niniapukiri, Agakien Kiri, Otobipi Kiri, Mbi Kiri, Fulobele Kiri, Mgbemgbeboko (Fubara Kiri) and others in the Eastern Niger Delta.
- Traditional ruler = HRH King Nicholas Dickson Ibiebele Nimenibo Loko IX
- Most prominent War Canoe House = Loko Royal War Canoe House headed by Chief Josiah Atemie-Loko
- Prominent War Canoe Houses and Chiefs = AMGBARA War canoe House Chief Amb. SMK TARIBO
- Other current leaders & prominent persons:
- Senator George Thompson Sekibo
- Evans Bipi (House of Assembly)
- Boma Iyaye (Commissioner)
- DIG Helen Alli Adeyemi (Police)
- Prominent Academician - Pastor, Assoc. Professor Williams Aminadokiari Samuel Abomaye-Nimenibo, Ph.D Economics
- Abomaye-Nimenibo,W.A.S.; Abomaye-Nimenibo, Comfort Tamunobarasinpiri; Minabere, Harry Abomaye-Nimnibo (2017): The Socio-Economic Dilemma And Challenges Of Population Growth Of Ogu Urban Town As A Nigerian Rural Community; Global Journal of Management and Business Research, E. Marketing, Volume 17, Issue 4, Version 1.0; December 23, 2017.
Abomaye-Nimenibo, Williams Aminadokiari Samuel(2018):The Socio-Economic and Pathological Effects of Youth Unemployment in Ogu/Bolo Local Government Authority Area of Rivers State, Nigeria; Global Journal of HUMAN-SOCIAL SCIENCE: E Economics, Volume 18, Issue 3 Version 1.0 Year 2018; Online ISSN: 2249-460x & Print ISSN:0975-587X
|This Rivers State location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Assoc. Prof Abomaye-Nimenibo, W.A.S.