Oguruma stable (尾車部屋 Oguruma-beya) is a stable of sumo wrestlers, one of the Nishonoseki group of stables. In its modern form it dates from 1987 when it was founded by Kotokaze, a former Sadogatake stable wrestler. The first wrestler from the stable to achieve sekitori status was Tomikaze in July 2000. The stable absorbed Oshiogawa stable in 2005 ahead of the retirement of Oshiogawa-oyakata, with Wakakirin and Wakatoba among the wrestlers transferring over. As of January 2018, it has 17 wrestlers.
Ring name conventions
Almost all wrestlers at this stable take ring names or shikona that end with the character 風 (read: kaze), in deference to their coach and the stable's owner, the former Kotokaze.
Notable active wrestlers
- Amakaze (best rank maegashira)
- Takekaze (best rank sekiwake)
- Yoshikaze (best rank sekiwake)
- Yago (best rank juryo)
- Rokurō (jūryō yobidashi, real name Kenzō Araki)
- Tokogō (2nd class tokoyama)
Location and access
- List of sumo stables
- List of active sumo wrestlers
- List of past sumo wrestlers
- Glossary of sumo terms