15 June 1968 |
Daegu, North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
|Other names||Oh Dal-soo|
|Education||Dong-eui University - Industrial Design|
|Revised Romanization||O Dal-su|
Oh Dal-su began his acting career in theater in Busan, and since 2001 has been the head of theater company Singiru Manhwagyeong ("Mirage and Kaleidoscope"). His rich experience on the stage, in local productions such as Ogu, later made Oh an in-demand supporting/character actor on the big screen.
Oh has starred in numerous successful films, in roles such as the owner of the organized crime-funded private jail in Oldboy (2003), a former gang boss in Mapado (2005), a weapons smuggler in A Bittersweet Life (2005), a transvestite in Foxy Festival (2010), a Chinese-Korean conman in The Thieves (2012), and a sympathetic inmate in Miracle in Cell No. 7. He also dubbed the voice of the monster in The Host (2006).
On February 22, 2018, Oh was accused of sexual harassment, for which he denied the accusation. However, February 26, further accusations against Oh were broadcast on JTBC Newsroom, during which an interview was conducted with the woman who had accused Oh of sexual harassment and sexual assault. Moreover, on February 27’s episode of JTBC’s Newsroom, actress Uhm Ji-young came forward to say that she was also sexually harassed by Oh in 2003. As a result, Oh pulled out of his upcoming TV series My Mister. He said that he apologized to actors, who asserted sexual assault and sexual assault, respectively.
|2002||Bet on My Disco||뻘줌남|
|If You Were Me||Police officer||segment: "Never Ending Peace and Love"|
|2004||The Secret of Eel-fishing||Choi Dal-bong||short film|
|The Last Wolf||Gold Tooth|
|The President's Barber||Mr. Ahn|
|Woman is the Future of Man||Rice cake man|
|2005||How Does the Blind Dream?||short film|
|A Bittersweet Life||Myung-gu|
|Sympathy for Lady Vengeance||Mr. Chang|
|2006||Forbidden Quest||Hwang-ga (copier)|
|A Bloody Aria||Oh-geun|
|The Host||Monster (voice)|
|Between Love and Hate||Hak-yi|
|Three Fellas||Na Sang-choon|
|Once in a Summer||Nam Gyun-soo|
|I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK||Shin Duk-cheon|
|2007||Project Makeover||Jung-ju's father|
|The Show Must Go On||Hyun-soo|
|Driving with My Wife's Lover||Taxi driver|
|2008||Baby and I|
|A Tale of Legendary Libido||Kang-mok|
|The Good, the Bad, the Weird||Butler Park|
|2009||Private Eye||Oh Young-dal|
|Dream||Lee Young-chul||TV series (SBS)|
|Short! Short! Short! 2009:
Show Me the Money
|Factory owner||segment: "Hundred Nails and a Deer Antler"|
|2010||Nice Shorts||Father (voice)||segment: "Don't Step Out of the House"|
|The Servant||Old man Ma|
|Foxy Festival||Kim Gwang-rok|
|2011||Detective K: Secret of the Virtuous Widow||Seo-pil|
|Head||Kim Sang-chul/Oh Byeong-seok|
|2012||Salamander Guru and The Shadows||Seon-dal||TV sitcom (SBS)|
|R2B: Return to Base||Min Dong-pil|
|The Ugly Duckling||Nak-man's father|
|Code Name: Jackal||Chief detective Ma|
|Mr. Vertigo||Master||short film|
|2013||Miracle in Cell No. 7||So Yang-ho|
|My Paparotti||Principal Deok-saeng|
|Mai Ratima||Man with stolen goods|
|The Attorney||Park Dong-ho|
|2014||The Pirates||Han Sang-jil|
|Ode to My Father||Dal-gu|
|2015||Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island||Seo-pil|
|Veteran||Team leader Oh|
|You Call It Passion||General manager Go||Cameo|
|2016||The Great Actor||Jang Sung-Pil|
|Run Off||Kang Dae-Woong|
|The Tunnel||Rescue Worker|
|2017||Memoir of a Murderer||Byeong-man|
|Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds||Judge|
|1987: When the Day Comes||Yi Doo-seok|
|2018||Detective K: Secret of the Living Dead||Seo-pil|
|I Want to See Your Parents' Face|
|2008||The Goat, or Who Is Sylvia?||Martin Gray|
|2009||Mondays 5 p.m.|
|2011||Holding the Sun and the Moon||Elder Hwang|
|2012||Kisaragi Miki-chan||Kimura Takuya|
|House of Dead / Nobel Prize for Literature Award Speech||Writer|
|2013||Kisaragi Miki-chan||Kimura Takuya|
Awards and nominations
|2005||6th Busan Film Critics Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Mapado||Won|
|2006||27th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Forbidden Quest||Nominated|
|2007||15th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Once in a Summer||Won|
|2009||SBS Drama Awards||Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Special||Dream||Nominated|
|2010||47th Grand Bell Awards||Best Supporting Actor||The Servant||Nominated|
|31st Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|2013||49th Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Supporting Actor (Film)||Miracle in Cell No. 7||Nominated|
|50th Grand Bell Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|21st Korean Culture and Entertainment Awards||Top Excellence Award, Actor in Film||Won|
|2014||34th Golden Cinema Festival||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|2015||10th Max Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Ode to My Father||Nominated|
|20th Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Actor||Detective K: Secret of the Lost Island||Nominated|
|19th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival||It Star Award||Ode to My Father||Won|
|24th Buil Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|52nd Grand Bell Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Assassination||Nominated|
|36th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Ode to My Father||Won|
|2nd Korean Film Producers Association Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Won|
|6th Korean Popular Culture & Arts Awards||Prime Minister's Award||N/A||Won|
|2016||7th Korean Film Reporters Association Awards (KOFRA)||Best Supporting Actor||Assassination||Won|
|11th Max Movie Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Veteran||Won|
|21st Chunsa Film Art Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
|52nd Baeksang Arts Awards||Best Supporting Actor (Film)||Nominated|
|37th Blue Dragon Film Awards||Best Supporting Actor||The Tunnel||Nominated|
|53rd Grand Bell Awards||Best Supporting Actor||Nominated|
- Chung, Ah-young (18 January 2011). "Actor Oh Dal-su to return to stage". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Oh Dal-soo 1st Korean Actor to Draw 100 Million Moviegoers". The Chosun Ilbo. 5 January 2015. Retrieved 2015-01-05.
- Lim, Ju-hui (12 August 2012). "The Thieves Oh Dal Soo getting high compliments for his amazing acting". StarN News. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Park, Si-soo (1 April 2014). "Watch out! They 'steal' scenes, your heart". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "OH Dal-su". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- Baek, Yoong-hee (February 23, 2018). "'나의 아저씨' 측 "오달수 촬영? 배우 측 입장 기다리는 중"". MBN Star (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Moon, Soo-yeon (February 23, 2018). "오달수 측 "죄송하다, 할 말 없다"…'성추행·채국희와 결별' 답변 회피". Sports Today (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Kim, Bo-ra (February 23, 2018). "[단독] 오달수·채국희 결별..5년 공개 열애 마침표". Osen (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Kim, Mi-hwa (February 26, 2018). "[미투]오달수 "성추행 주장, 결코 사실 아냐..심려 끼쳐 죄송"(전문)". Star News (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Kim, Ji-ah (February 26, 2018). "'의혹 부인' 입장 냈지만…"오달수에 성폭행도 당해"". jtbc News (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Park, Kwi-im (February 26, 2018). "'성추문' 오달수, 10일 침묵→부인·사과→성폭행 주장→강경대응 [종합]". TV Report (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "연극배우 엄지영 "오달수, 사과는 커녕 없던 일로 만들어…또 다른 피해자 있을 것"". dongA (in Koeran). February 27, 2018. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Jun, Hyung-hwa (February 27, 2018). "[미투]오달수 측, 피해자 엄지영 실명 보도에 "확인 시간 필요"". Star News (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- Jung, An-ji (February 27, 2018). "[공식입장 전문]'나의 아저씨' 측 "오달수, 제작진과 협의 끝에 최종 하차 결정"". Sports Chosun (in Korean). Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "Actor Oh Dal-soo belatedly admits to sexual abuse". Yonhap News. February 28, 2018. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "오달수, 성추문에 입 열었다..."상대 여성 고통 받았다면 죄송, 하지만 강간범은 아냐"". mk.co.kr (in Korean). Retrieved 2018-03-30.
- Conran, Pierce (10 July 2015). "LEE Min-ho and MOON Chae-won to Receive BiFan Awards". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2015-07-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oh Dal-su.|