Oh Lucy! (2017 film)
|Directed by||Atsuko Hirayanagi|
by Atsuko Hirayanagi
|Music by||Erik Friedlander|
|Edited by||Kate Hickey|
|Box office||$373,293 (US)|
A lonely Tokyo office-worker, Setsuko, falls for her teacher when she takes English lessons. When Setsuko's niece leaves suddenly for California with the teacher, Setsuko and her sister follow to find her.
- Shinobu Terajima as Setsuko Kawashima / Lucy, a Tokyo office-worker
- Josh Hartnett as John Woodruff, an English teacher in Tokyo
- Kaho Minami as Ayako Kawashima, Setsuko's sister and Mika's mother
- Shiori Kutsuna as Mika Ogawa, Setsuko's niece who is in a relationship with John
- Kōji Yakusho as Takeshi Komori / Tom, a security consultant taking English lessons
- Megan Mullally as Hannah
- Reiko Aylesworth as Kei, John's wife
- Suzuka Ohgo as Sakura
Filming concluded in December 2016.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 100% based on 46 reviews, and an average rating of 7/10. On Metacritic, which assigns normalized rating to reviews, the film has a weighted average score of 68 out of 100, based on 17 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- [Oh Lucy! "Oh Lucy!"] Check
|url=value (help). Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2018-06-28.
- "Selection of the 56th International Critics' Week". Semaine de la Critique. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "56th International Critics' Week Press Kit" (PDF). Semaine de la Critique. Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- McNary, Dave (16 December 2016). "Josh Hartnett, Shinobu Terajima to Star in U.S.-Japan Drama-Comedy 'Oh Lucy!'". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Oh Lucy! (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
- "Oh Lucy! Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved April 19, 2018.
|This article about a 2010s comedy-drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|