Oh What a World (song)
|"Oh What a World"|
|Single by Rufus Wainwright|
|from the album Want One|
|Released||November 8, 2004(UK)|
|Producer(s)||Marius de Vries|
|Rufus Wainwright singles chronology|
"Oh What a World" is a song written and performed by Canadian-American singer-songwriter Rufus Wainwright. It was released as the second single from Wainwright's third studio album, Want One (2003), released digitally via iTunes and 7digital in the United Kingdom on November 8, 2004. Promotional copies were also distributed to radio stations in an attempt to increase awareness of the song and album. The song includes several arrangements from Maurice Ravel's Boléro.
"Oh What a World" also appears on Rufus Wainwright: Live at the Fillmore, the bonus DVD that accompanies Want Two (2004), the repackaged double album released in the UK simply titled Want, and the 2005 compilation album Acoustic 05.
- UK digital single
- "Oh What a World"
- UK promotional CD
- "Oh What a World" (album version)
- "Oh What a World" (radio edit)
- Rufus Wainwright – voice, orchestral arrangements
- Marius de Vries – piano, programming, orchestral arrangements
- Joy Smith – harp
- Nick Hitchens – tuba
- Isobel Griffiths – orchestra contractor
- Gavyn Wright – orchestra leader
- Alexis Smith – programming
- Simon C Clarke – alto sax, baritone sax, flute, alto flute, piccolo
- Tim Sanders – tenor sax
- Roddy Lorimer – trumpet
- Paul Spong – trumpet
- Annie Whitehead – trombone
- Dave Stewart – bass trombone
- Maxim Moston – orchestral arrangements
- Chris Elliott – orchestral arrangements
- The Frank Skinner Show - November 4, 2004
- Johnson, Zac. "Want One". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "7digital – Oh What a World". 7digital.com. Retrieved November 12, 2008.
- Collar, Matt. "Want Two". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "Want". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "Acoustic, Vol. 5". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 27, 2011.
- "Rufus Wainwright: Oh What A World". Universal Music. Retrieved 3 January 2014.