Oh Yeah (Yello song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Single by Yello|
|from the album Stella|
|Released||July 11, 1985|
|Format||7", 12", CD single, CD video|
|Writer(s)||Boris Blank, Dieter Meier|
"Oh Yeah" is a single released in 1985 by the Swiss band Yello and featured on their album Stella. In 1986, it reached No. 51 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100, and No. 36 on the US dance charts. The single peaked at No. 9 in Australia in October 1988.
The song features a mix of electronic music and manipulated vocals. The song gained popularity after being featured in the films Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Secret of My Success. Its 1987 re-released version features the extra lyrics: "such a good time / a really good time". A remix of the song, entitled, "Oh Yeah Oh Six" went to No. 1 on the US dance charts in 2006.
In popular culture
Writing about the use of the song in 1986's Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Jonathan Bernstein said, "Never a hit, this slice of Swiss-made tomfoolery with its varispeed vocal effects and driving percussion was first used by John Hughes to illustrate the mouthwatering must-haveness of Cameron's dad's Ferrari. Since then, it has become synonymous with lust. Often it is used when a movie, TV show or commercial wants to underline the jaw-dropping impact of a hot babe or sleek auto, that synth-drum starts popping and that deep voice rumbles, 'Oh yeah . . .'".
- "Yello: Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 285.
- "australian-charts.com > Yello 'Oh Yeah'". Hung Medien. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- "Hot Dance Club Songs". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. April 22, 2006. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Bernstein, Jonathan (1997). Pretty in pink: the golden age of teenage movies. St. Martin's Griffin. p. 198. ISBN 9780312151942.
|This electronic music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|