Oh Yeah (Yello song)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012)|
|Single by Yello|
|from the album Stella|
|Released||July 11, 1985|
|Format||7", 12", CD single, CD video|
|Label||Elektra SAM 243|
|Writer(s)||Boris Blank, Dieter Meier|
The song features a mix of electronic music and manipulated vocals. The song gained popularity after being featured in the films Ferris Bueller's Day Off and The Secret of My Success. Its 1987 re-released version features the extra lyrics: "such a good time / a really good time". A remix of the song, entitled, "Oh Yeah Oh Six" went to No. 1 on the US dance charts in 2006.
Usage in entertainment media
Writing about the use of the song in 1986's Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Jonathan Bernstein said, "Never a hit, this slice of Swiss-made tomfoolery with its varispeed vocal effects and driving percussion was first used by John Hughes to illustrate the mouthwatering must-haveness of Cameron's dad's Ferrari. Since then, it has become synonymous with avarice. Every time a movie, TV show or commercial wants to underline the jaw-dropping impact of a hot babe or sleek auto, that synth-drum starts popping and that deep voice rumbles, 'Oh yeah . . .'". Examples include:
- The 1987 film The Secret of My Success, starring Michael J. Fox, although it did not appear on the soundtrack album.
- Several Twix commercials in 1988
- She's Out of Control (1989)
- K-9 (1989)
- Not Another Teen Movie (2001)
- Soul Plane (2004)
- The Simpsons, where it is the theme song of Duffman.
- Brazilian Commercial of television made by Kuat in 2011.
- "Naked" episode of Glee, any time someone removed his or her clothing.
- South Park episode "Hell on Earth 2006" during the scene in which the three serial killers pick up Satan's Ferrari cake from the bakery.
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode "Sweet Dee Has a Heart Attack" during the scene where Mac and Charlie become mailmen. The song is referred to as 'Day Bow Bow'.
- Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo PSP when a player fails to complete a license test.
- As opening theme of Hong Kong ATV's Celebrity Talk Show (Traditional Chinese: 今夜不設防) from 1989 to 1990.
- In Chuck Versus the DeLorean Season 2, Episode 10 when Morgan reveals his new acquisition.
- American Pie: The Book of Love opening scene (2009)
- American Dad! episode "42-Year-Old-Virgin" during the scene where a pedophile attempts to lure children into his pickup truck painted to look like an ice cream truck.
- "Yello: Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). Hot Dance/Disco: 1974-2003. Record Research. p. 285.
- "Hot Dance Club Songs". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. April 22, 2006. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- Bernstein, Jonathan (1997). Pretty in pink: the golden age of teenage movies. St. Martin's Griffin. p. 198. ISBN 9780312151942.
- "Soundtracks for The Secret of My Success". imdb.com. Retrieved June 5, 2012.
|This electronic music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|