Ohanabatake Station, April 2009
|Location||21-3 Higashi-machi, Chichibu, Saitama
|Operated by||Chichibu Railway|
|Line(s)||Chichibu Main Line, Seibu Chichibu Line|
|Previous names||Ohanabatake (until 2009)|
|Passengers (FY2000)||3,703 daily|
Ohanabatake (Shibazakura) Station (御花畑（芝桜）駅? Ohanabatake (Shibazakura)-eki) is a railway station on the Chichibu Main Line in Chichibu, Saitama, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Chichibu Railway.
Ohanabatake Station is served by the Chichibu Main Line from Hanyū to Mitsumineguchi, and is located 59.7 km from Hanyū. It is served by through services to and from the Seibu Chichibu Line, and is also located a short walk from the terminus of the Seibu Chichibu Line, Seibu-Chichibu Station.
The station is staffed and consists of two side platforms serving two tracks. Platform 1 acts as a bidirectional platform for Chichibu Main Line services in both directions, while platform 2 is used by Seibu Chichibu Line through-running services to and from Nagatoro.
|1||■ Chichibu Main Line||for Kagemori and Mitsumineguchi|
|■ Chichibu Main Line||for Chichibu, Yorii, Kumagaya, and Hanyū|
|2||■ Seibu Chichibu Line||for Yokoze, Hannō, and Ikebukuro|
|■ Chichibu Main Line||for Chichibu and Nagatoro (services from Seibu Chichibu Line)|
|Chichibu Main Line|
|Seibu Chichibu Line|
Ohanabatake Station opened on 27 September 1917. From 1 April 2009, "Shibazakura" was added in parentheses to the station name, indicating the station's closeness to the nearby Hitsujiyama Park, which is a popular sightseeing destination in early summer when the moss phlox (shibazakura) blooms.
In fiscal 2000, the station was used by an average of 3,703 passengers daily.
- Seibu-Chichibu Station (Seibu Chichibu Line)
- Chichibu City Office
- Saitama Prefectural Chichibu High School
- Chichibu Shrine
- Hitsujiyama Park, famous for moss phlox (shibazakura) in early summer
- Terada, Hirokazu (July 2002). データブック日本の私鉄 [Databook: Japan's Private Railways]. Japan: Neko Publishing. p. 193. ISBN 4-87366-874-3.
- Kawashima, Ryozo (January 2011). 日本の鉄道 中部ライン 全線・全駅・全配線 第１０巻 上越・秩父エリア [Railways of Japan - Chubu Line - Lines/Stations/Track plans - Vol 10 Joetsu & Chichibu Area]. Japan: Kodansha. p. 28/87. ISBN 978-4-06-270070-2.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ohanabatake Station.|
- Ohanabatake Station information (Saitama Prefectural Government) (Japanese)
- Ohanabatake Station timetable (Japanese)