Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
|Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction|
|Motto||Reduce recidivism among those we touch.|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction (DRC or ODRC) is the administrative department of the Ohio state government that operates state prisons for adults in Ohio. It has its headquarters in Columbus.
- Allen Correctional Institution
- Belmont Correctional Institution
- Chillicothe Correctional Institution
- Correctional Reception Center
- Dayton Correctional Institution
- Franklin Medical Center (official capacity 690)
- Grafton Correctional Institution
- Hocking Correctional Facility
- Lebanon Correctional Institution
- London Correctional Institution
- Lorain Correctional Institution
- Madison Correctional Institution
- Mansfield Correctional Institution
- Marion Correctional Institution
- Noble Correctional Institution
- Northeast Pre-Release Center (official capacity 590)
- Ohio Reformatory for Women
- Ohio State Penitentiary
- Pickaway Correctional Institution
- Richland Correctional Institution
- Ross Correctional Institution
- Southeastern Correctional Institution
- Southern Ohio Correctional Facility
- Toledo Correctional Institution
- Trumbull Correctional Institution
- Warren Correctional Institution
- Lake Erie Correctional Institution (operated by Corrections Corporation of America)
- North Central Correctional Complex (operated by Management and Training Corporation)
- Lima Correctional Institution
- North Coast Correctional Treatment Facility (merged with Grafton in 2011)
- Ohio Penitentiary
- Ohio State Reformatory
- Orient Correctional Institution
The majority of male death row inmates are held at the Chillicothe Correctional Institution, while some that are considered a high security risk are held at the Ohio State Penitentiary and those with serious medical conditions are held at the Franklin Medical Center. Death row is scheduled to move from Chillicothe Correctional Institution to Toledo Correctional Institution [] in the summer of 2017. Female death row inmates are housed in the Ohio Reformatory for Women. Executions occur at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility. Information on death row inmates can be found here, the execution schedule here and execution history here.
Since the establishment of the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction, 20 officers have died in the line of duty.
- List of law enforcement agencies in Ohio
- List of United States state correction agencies
- List of U.S. state prisons
- Ohio Rev. Code § 121.01 et seq.
- "Contact." Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. Retrieved on December 7, 2009.
- "Ohio Death Row Inmates." Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. Retrieved on December 19, 2016.
- The Officer Down Memorial Page