Ohio Department of Youth Services
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Department of Youth Services|
|Legal personality||Governmental: Government agency|
As of 2013 DYS had 525 prisoners in four facilities, with one of them scheduled to close in 2014. Circa 2002 it had 1,949 prisoners in 10 facilities.
Open facilities (all house boys):
- Circleville Juvenile Correctional Facility (Pickaway County, near Circleville) - General population boys
- Cuyahoga Hills Juvenile Correctional Facility (Highland Hills) - Boys between 12 and 21 - Houses Luther E. Ball High School
- Indian River Juvenile Correctional Facility (Massillon) - Boys between 12 and 20 - It is located where U.S. Route 30 and Ohio Route 21 intersect.
- Mohican Juvenile Correctional Facility (Hanover Township, Ashland County, near Perrysville) - Located in the Mohican State Forest, between Cleveland and Columbus - Housed the Louis Bromfield High School
- Training Institute of Central Ohio (Columbus)
- Ohio River Valley Juvenile Correctional Facility (Franklin Furnace) - facility currently leased to Lawrence County for conversion to a temporary county jail
- marion juvenile correctional facility
- Scioto Juvenile Correctional Facility (Delaware County) - Formerly served as a male reception center and houses all girls who are in the custody of the DYS - It is located on the Scioto River. The facility, which housed the William K. Willis High School, had 247 employees and 38 inmates, with 18 females and 20 males as of 2013. DYS announced Scioto would close in the spring of 2014; DYS stated that the facility was very old and needed repairs with a cost of $5.6 million. Boys were to be moved to other DYS facilities. All girls were moved to community-based centers, and As of 2015[update] DYS no longer has a dedicated facility for adjudicated girls.
- Ohio Rev. Code § 121.01 et seq.
- "Contact Us." Ohio Department of Youth Services. Retrieved on June 3, 2010.
- "Scioto Juvenile Correctional Facility in Delaware to close " ([ Archive]). The Columbus Dispatch. November 21, 2013. Retrieved on December 16, 2015.
- "Circleville Juvenile Correctional Facility." Ohio Department of Youth Services. Retrieved on March 2, 2011. "640 Island Road, Circleville, OH 43113" (seen in "directions" link)
- "Cuyahoga Hills Juvenile Correctional Facility." Ohio Department of Youth Services. Retrieved on March 2, 2011. "4321 Green Road Highland Hills, OH 44128"
- "Indian River Juvenile Correctional Facility." Ohio Department of Youth Services. Retrieved on March 2, 2011. "2775 Indian River Road, S.W. Massillon, OH 44646"
- "Mohican Juvenile Correctional Facility." Ohio Department of Youth Services. June 28, 2007. Retrieved on March 2, 2011. "1012 ODNR Mohican 51 Perrysville, OH 44864."
- "A Plan for Juvenile Sentencing in Ohio." Ohio Criminal Sentencing Commission. Fall, 1999. Retrieved on November 15, 2012.
- "SJCF Scioto Juvenile Correctional Facility." Ohio Department of Youth Services. Retrieved on March 2, 2011. "5993 Home Road Delaware, OH 43015"
- Canliglia, John. "Closing of Scioto juvenile facility raises concerns over community-based centers for female offenders" (Archived 2015-12-16 at WebCite). The Plain Dealer. December 27, 2013. Updated December 28, 2013. Retrieved on December 16, 2015.
- Hooks, Jamie M. (Report Coordinator). "Juvenile Correctional Facility 2014.pdf Scioto Juvenile Correctional Facility" (Archive" (Archive). Correctional Institution Inspection Committee, State of Ohio. March 3, 2014.