Ohio House of Representatives, 82nd District
The Ohio House of Representatives, eighty-second District is one of the many constituencies of the Ohio General Assembly, the legislature of the U.S. state of Ohio. This district is represented by Representative Craig Riedel.
The 2018 election in Ohio will be held on November 6, 2018.
Incumbent representative Craig Riedel is eligible for re-election and is widely expected to run again.
District 82 was at the center of a bitter primary campaign between Incumbent representative Tony Burkley and his challenger, former Nucor-Vulcraft salesman Craig Riedel. Both campaigned on the ideals of fiscal and social conservatism, with the Riedel campaign portraying Burkley as a 'career politician' who didn't understand the needs of the district.
Pete Schlegel, a country musician and farmer from Defiance County, ran as an independent. He criticized Burkley for his history in local politics and ran an "outsider" campaign. Burkley handily defeated Schlegel in the general election, 59-41%
- "More candidates enter crowded field for Ohio governor". The Blade. 2018-02-07. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Baker to run for state representative in 2018 - Times Bulletin". www.timesbulletin.com. Retrieved 2017-10-27.
- "Democrats hold rally in Kalida - The Lima News". The Lima News. LimaOhio.com. 2018-02-14. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "Ohio House of Representatives District 82 - Ballotpedia". Retrieved 2017-03-08.
- "Independent Schlegel challenging for statehouse seat - Times Bulletin". timesbulletin.com. Retrieved 2017-03-08.
|This Northwest Ohio location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|