Ohio State IMG Sports Network
West Virginia (limited)
|Affiliation||Ohio State Buckeyes|
|Affiliates||68 (including 2 flagships)|
|Ohio State IMG Sports Network|
The Ohio State Learfield IMG Sports Network is an American radio network consisting of 68 radio stations which carry coverage of Ohio State Buckeyes football and men's basketball. WBNS/Columbus (1460 AM) and sister station WBNS-FM/Columbus (97.1 FM) serve as the network's 2 flagship stations. The network also includes 66 affiliates in the U.S. states of Ohio and West Virginia: 38 AM stations, 24 of which extend their signals with low-power FM translators; and 26 full-power FM stations. Paul Keels has served as play-by-play announcer for both football and men's basketball since 1998; former Ohio State offensive guard Jim Lachey currently serves as color analyst for football; and former Ohio State point guard Ron Stokes currently serves as color analyst for men's basketball.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
In 2009, Ohio State announced it had sold its athletic program's media rights to IMG College and RadiOhio, Inc. (member of the Dispatch Broadcasting Group and then-owner of longtime network flagships WBNS and WBNS-FM); the "lucrative multiyear deal" was reportedly worth $110 million, and scheduled to last through 2019. At the time of the announcement, athletic director Gene Smith said Ohio State athletics would be in a better position to confront the then-ongoing economic downturn, referencing an unexpected $1.2 million deficit.
On December 31, 2018, Learfield Communications, Inc., and IMG College merged and formed a new company, Learfield IMG College.
Besides gameday coverage, network programming includes:
- Buckeye Roundtable, a two-hour weekly discussion on Buckeyes football, airs Monday evenings.
- The Ryan Day Call-In Show, a weekly season-long update with the football head coach, airs Thursdays at 12pm noon .
|W228EL||93.5||FM||Akron||Ohio||n/a (WAKR simulcast)|
|W246CE||97.1||FM||Athens||Ohio||n/a (WATH simulcast)|
|W258CI||99.5||FM||Cincinnati||Ohio||n/a (WDJO simulcast)|
|W300CI||107.9||FM||Cincinnati||Ohio||n/a (WDJO simulcast)|
|W265DL||100.9||FM||Dover-New Phila.||Ohio||n/a (WJER simulcast)|
|W238CX||95.5||FM||Findlay||Ohio||n/a (WFIN simulcast)|
|W289CP||105.7||FM||Fostoria||Ohio||n/a (WFOB simulcast)|
|W283BO||104.5||FM||Lancaster||Ohio||n/a (WLOH simulcast)|
|W257EQ||99.3||FM||Logan||Ohio||n/a (WLOH simulcast)|
|W267CQ||101.3||FM||Marietta||Ohio||n/a (WMOA simulcast)|
|W244DV||96.7||FM||Marysville||Ohio||n/a (WQTT simulcast)|
|W265DJ||100.9||FM||Mount Vernon||Ohio||n/a (WMVO simulcast)|
|W254CT||98.7||FM||Newark||Ohio||n/a (WCLT simulcast)|
|W251BC||98.1||FM||Piqua||Ohio||n/a (WPTW simulcast)|
|W239CQ||95.7||FM||Portsmouth||Ohio||n/a (WNXT simulcast)|
|W228DJ||93.5||FM||Ravenswood||West Virginia||n/a (WMOV simulcast)|
|W294AF||106.7||FM||Ripley||West Virginia||n/a (WMOV simulcast)|
|W228EN||93.5||FM||Sandusky||Ohio||n/a (WLEC simulcast)|
|W275CT||102.9||FM||Somerset||Ohio||n/a (WLOH simulcast)|
|W270CI||101.9||FM||Uhrichsville||Ohio||n/a (WBTC simulcast)|
|W282CF||104.3||FM||Van Wert||Ohio||n/a (WERT simulcast)|
|W249DU||97.7||FM||Wheeling||West Virginia||n/a (WVLY simulcast)|
|W272EE||102.3||FM||Zanesville||Ohio||n/a (WHIZ simulcast)|
- translator indicates low-power
- Ohio State Buckeyes football (September 13, 2014). "Gameday Program - Kent State: Ohio State Sports Radio Network" (PDF). OhioStateBuckeyes.com. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 22, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
All Ohio State football games are broadcast by the Ohio State IMG Sports Network with WBNS Radio serving as the flagship station...
- Ohio State Buckeyes men's basketball (2014). "2014-15 Men's Basketball Team Guide: Media Information" (PDF). OhioStateBuckeyes.com. CBS Interactive. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 22, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
All Ohio State men's basketball games are broadcast by the Ohio State IMG Sports Network.
- Finnan, Bob (September 24, 2013). "Cleveland Indians announcer Tom Hamilton recovering from knee surgery, will return Friday". MorningJournal.com. The Morning Journal. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
WKNR-850 AM and KNR2-1540 AM have signed a multiyear agreement with the Ohio State IMG Radio Network. ... '... we are very happy ESPN Cleveland will continue as the home for Buckeyes' football and basketball,' Ohio State IMG Sports Marketing general manager Ray DeWeese said in a statement.
- Kiesewetter, John (December 8, 2009). "Paul Keels Joins Reds TV Team". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Cincinnati.com. Archived from the original on December 14, 2009. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
Fans may recognize him as the play by play voice for Ohio State football and basketball on WBNS Radio in Columbus, where he has been since 1998.
- Livingston, Bill (November 29, 2013). "Ohio State's Ryan Shazier displays the fierce qualities of college football's greatest rivalry, plus stunning speed". The Plain Dealer via Cleveland.com. Plain Dealer Publishing Co. and Northeast Ohio Media Group. Archived from the original on December 2, 2013. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
Said Jim Lachey, the Ohio State radio network analyst...
- Blade staff (April 4, 2010). "10 questions with Ron Stokes". ToledoBlade.com. The Toledo Blade. Archived from the original on October 22, 2014. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
... and for the last 13 seasons the Canton native has been the expert analyst on the radio broadcasts of Ohio State basketball working with play-by-play announcer Paul Keels.
- Price, Rita (March 30, 2009). "College athletics: OSU getting richest multimedia contract". The Columbus Dispatch via Dispatch.com. The Dispatch Printing Co. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
The Buckeyes' athletics program is the nation's biggest, and so is its deal: IMG College and RadiOhio will pay OSU $110 million over the next 10 years in the largest multimedia-rights guarantee in collegiate sports. ... RadiOhio is a member of the Dispatch Broadcast Group, which includes the Ohio State Radio Sports Network, WBNS-AM and WBNS-FM...
- Pramik, Mike (March 31, 2009). "OSU athletics deal is future-focused; Marketing pact won't fix this year's shortfall, officials say". The Columbus Dispatch. Dispatch Printing Co. p. 10C - Business.
Once money starts flowing from the university's $110 million deal with IMG College and RadiOhio, the athletic department will be better positioned to weather the economic downturn, OSU athletics director Gene Smith said. ... 'At the time we started the process five months ago, we were not in the position to know we'd have the $1.2 million (deficit),' Smith said.
- "Readers say Price was player of the week". Chillicothe Gazette. ChillicotheGazette.com. September 19, 2014. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
Hosley was honored Monday by the Ohio State Radio Network and WBNS-FM (97.1) during the Buckeye Roundtable show in Chillicothe.
- Gerdeman, Tony (October 16, 2014). "Updates from the Oct. 16 Urban Meyer Call-In Show". TheOZone.net. O-Zone Communications, Inc. Archived from the original on October 25, 2014. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
Urban Meyer sat down for his weekly one-hour call-in show on the Ohio State IMG Sports Network Thursday.