Ohio State Route 115
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||21.71 mi (34.94 km)|
|Existed:||1923 – present|
|South end:||SR 65 in Lima|
| US 30 near Lima
US 224 in Kalida
|North end:||SR 15 near Continental|
State Route 115 (SR 115, OH 115) is a 21.71-mile (34.94 km) long north–south state highway in the western portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The highway has its southern terminus at a T-intersection with SR 65 in the northernmost portion of the city of Lima. The northern terminus of SR 115 is at a T-intersection with SR 15 approximately 3.75 miles (6.04 km) southeast of the village of Continental.
SR 115 traverses the northern portion of Allen County and the western half of Putnam County. No section of this state route is included within the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways considered to be most important for the nation's economy, mobility and defense.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2011)|
SR 115 made its debut in 1923. When it was first designated, SR 115 utilized all of its current alignment, then proceeded to the northwest from its present northern terminus a short distance along the current SR 15, then known as SR 22, to the County Road 18 (CR 18) intersection. It then followed CR 18 north into Henry County to CR B, where it turned east, and followed CR B a short distance. At CR 17, SR 115 turned north, and followed the county road a short distance to the CR 16C intersection. The state route then followed CR 16C northeast into Holgate, where it ran along Wilhelm Street up to the point where it came to an end at its junction with what is now SR 108, but at the time designated as SR 188.
SR 115 would take on its current shape in 1969 when all of the highway from its present northern terminus at SR 15 to SR 108 in Holgate was removed from the state highway system. The concurrent portion with SR 15 became just SR 15, while jurisdiction of all other portions of the former SR 115 was turned over to Putnam and Henry Counties.
|Allen||Lima||0.00||0.00||SR 65||Southern terminus at T-intersection|
|Sugar Creek Township||2.65||4.26||US 30||Diamond interchange|
|Putnam||Sugar Creek Township||6.61||10.64|| SR 12 east
SR 189 west
|Eastern terminus of SR 189 and western terminus of SR 12|
|Kalida||14.34||23.08||US 224 east||Southeastern split of US 224/SR 115 duplex; US 224 joins from the northeast|
|14.54||23.40|| US 224 west
SR 114 west
|Signalized intersection marking northwestern split of US 224/SR 115 duplex and eastern terminus of SR 114;
US 224 departs to the southwest, duplexed with SR 114
|Greensburg Township||17.70||28.49||SR 694|
|Palmer Township||21.71||34.94||SR 15||Northern terminus at T-intersection|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Map of Ohio State Highways (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. April 1922. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. July 1923. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 115, Allen County" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 115, Putnam County" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-01-16.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1967. Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1969. Retrieved 2011-04-21.