Ohio State Route 14
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||80.56 mi (129.65 km)|
|Existed:||1924 – present|
|West end:||US 6 / US 20 / US 42 / US 422 / SR 3 / SR 8 / SR 87 in Cleveland|
| I‑90 in Cleveland
I‑77 in Cleveland
I‑80 / Ohio Turnpike / I‑480 in Streetsboro
I‑76 near Ravenna
|East end:||PA 51 near East Palestine|
|Counties:||Cuyahoga, Summit, Portage, Mahoning, Columbiana|
State Route 14, located in northeastern Ohio, runs from U.S. Route 6/U.S. Route 42/State Route 3 in Downtown Cleveland southeasterly to the Pennsylvania state line near East Palestine; Pennsylvania Route 51 continues southeasterly from there.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2010)|
- 1924 – Original route established; original alignment was along its current alignment from Bedford to Unity, SR 170’s current alignment from Unity to East Palestine, and SR 165’s current alignment from East Palestine to the Pennsylvania state line.
- 1931 – Extended to Cleveland via the former alignment of SR 8.
- 1946 – Eastern terminus moved to current location via the former alignment of SR 165.
- 1951 – Aligned with US 224 from Deerfield to Canfield and with SR 46 from Canfield to Columbiana; Deerfield-Columbiana alignment changed to SR 14A (Alternate).
- 1957 – Routed around Ravenna via bypass route.
- 1966 – Freeway alignment from Bedford to current I-80 in Streetsboro was established and was dually signed with I-80.
- 1969 – Canfield bypass (current SR 446) added.
- 1971 – Bedford-Streetsboro freeway alignment designation changed to I-480/SR 14 (I-80 designation dropped).
- 1984 – Deerfield-Columbiana reverted to SR 14 designation; SR 14A designation dropped; Canfield bypass signed SR 446.
|Cuyahoga||Cleveland||0.0||0.0|| US 6
|Western terminus of US 422 and of US 422/SR 8/SR 14/SR 43/SR 87 concurrency.|
|0.6||1.0|| SR 10
|Eastern terminus of SR 10;
I-90 Exit 171A-B;
I-77 Exit 162B.
|0.9||1.4||US 422 / SR 8 / SR 87||Eastern terminus of US 422/SR 14 concurrency.|
|2.2||3.5||I-490||Access to westbound and from eastbound I-490 only;
I-490 Exit 2A.
|2.6||4.2||I-77||Access to southbound and from northbound I-77 only;
I-77 Exit 161A.
|5.5||8.9||SR 43||Southern terminus of concurrency; SR 43 departs east.|
|Garfield Heights||7.7||12.4||I-480||SR 14 passes under interstate 0.4 mi. later;
I-480 Exit 23.
|Maple Heights||8.8||14.2||SR 17|
|Oakwood||13.2||21.2||I‑271 / I‑480||SR 14 joins Outerbelt East Freeway; I-271 Exit 23;
northern terminus of old SR 14 alignment.
|14.7||23.7||I-271||I-271 departs concurrency south; I-271 Exit 21.|
|Summit||Twinsburg||18.9||30.4||SR 82||Exit 36 (I-480)|
|19.7||31.7||SR 91||Exit 37 (I-480)|
|Portage||Streetsboro||24.7||39.8|| I‑80 / Ohio Turnpike
|Eastern terminus of I-480 and of its concurrency with SR 14;
ramps are 0.3 mi. later;
Turnpike/I-80 Exit 187; I-480 Exit 42.
|26.4||42.5||SR 303||Western terminus of concurrency; SR 303 continues west.|
|26.7||43.0||SR 303||Eastern terminus of concurrency; SR 303 continues east.|
|Ravenna||33.5||53.9||SR 44||Western terminus of concurrency; SR 44 continues north;
northern terminus of former SR 44 alignment.
|Ravenna Township||35.9||57.8||SR 59||Former cross-alignment of SR 5.|
|36.3||58.4||SR 5 / SR 44||Eastern terminus of SR 14/SR 44 concurrency|
|Edinburg Township||40.8||65.7||I-76||I-76 Exit 43.|
|41.6||66.9||SR 183||Northern terminus of SR 183.|
|Deerfield Township||48.7||78.4||US 224 / SR 225|
|Mahoning||Goshen Township||56.0||90.1||SR 534|
|58.8||94.6||To US 62 / SR 45||Western terminus of SR 14T|
|Columbiana||Salem||61.1||98.3||US 62 / SR 45|
|61.7||99.3||SR 173||SR 173 joins from the west. Former west alignment of US 62.|
|62.3||100.3|| SR 9
|Western terminus of concurrency; SR 9 continues south;
former north alignment of SR 45.
Eastern terminus of SR 173.
|62.6||100.7|| SR 9
|Eastern terminus of concurrency; SR 9 continues north;
northern terminus of SR 344;
former north alignment of US 62;
former south alignment of SR 45.
|Columbiana||70.9||114.1|| SR 46
|Western terminus of SR 14/SR 46 concurrency; SR 46 continues north;
former cross-alignment of SR 46; southern terminus of former SR 14/SR 46 concurrency;
eastern terminus of former SR 14 Alt;
SR 14 straddles Mahoning-Columbiana county line.
|73.7||118.6||SR 7 / SR 46||Eastern terminus of SR 14/SR 46 concurrency;
northern terminus of SR 7/SR 46 concurrency;
SR 7 continues north.
|Unity Township||78.9||127.0|| SR 165
|Western terminus of concurrency|
|79.5||127.9||SR 165 / SR 170||Eastern terminus of concurrency|
|81.2||130.7||PA 51||Continuation into Pennsylvania|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route 14 Temporary
State Route 14 Temporary (Route 14T) is a 2.73-mile-long bypass around the city of Salem. Route 14T, a four-lane highway, begins at SR 14, Cleveland East Liverpool Road, in Mahoning County. Route 14T crosses into Columbiana County and passes under County Route 61, Goshen Road. Route 14T continues East and intersects US 62. Route 14T continues dually certified as US 62 and ends at US 62's intersection with SR 45.
Route 14 Alternate
Route map: Bing
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams".
- Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source?][dead link]
- Route 14 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source?][dead link]