Ohio State Route 188
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||39.04 mi (62.83 km)|
|Existed:||1927 – present|
|West end:||US 22 / SR 56 in Circleville|
|US 33 near Lancaster|
|East end:||SR 204 in Thornville|
|Counties:||Pickaway, Fairfield, Perry|
State Route 188 (SR 188) is a 39.04-mile-long (62.83 km) east–west state highway located in the central part of the U.S. state of Ohio. SR 188's western terminus is in Circleville at a signalized intersection where it meets the concurrency of U.S. Route 22 (US 22) and SR 56. Its eastern terminus is at a signalized intersection with SR 204 in the central business district of the village of Thornville.
SR 188 traverses the eastern part of Pickaway County, then through the western, central and northeastern portions of Fairfield County and finally the northwestern corner of Perry County. No segment of SR 188 is included as a part of the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of routes deemed to be most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (April 2011)|
SR 188 was designated in 1927. When it was first designated, it was routed along its present alignment between Circleville and Lancaster, following what had been previously designated as a portion of SR 158. In 1937, SR 188 was extended to the northeast from Lancaster along what was at the time an un-numbered roadway to its current eastern terminus at SR 204 in Thornville.
|Pickaway||Circleville||0.00||0.00||US 22 / SR 56 (Main Street) / South Court Street|
|8.03||12.92||SR 674 (Winchester Southern Road) – Stoutsville, Canal Winchester|
|Fairfield||Hocking Township||17.41||28.02||US 33 – Logan, Columbus||Interchange|
|Lancaster||20.88||33.60||US 22 west (Lincoln Avenue)||Western end of US 22 concurrency|
|21.38||34.41||SR 158 north (Columbus Avenue)||Western end of SR 158 concurrency|
|21.67||34.87||SR 37 west (High Street) / SR 158 ends||Eastern end of SR 158 concurrency; western end of SR 37 concurrency|
|22.51||36.23||US 22 east / SR 37 east (East Main Street) / South Cherry Street||Eastern end of US 22 / SR 37|
|Walnut Township||32.56||52.40||SR 256 – Thurston|
|Perry||Thornville||39.04||62.83||SR 204 (Columbus Street) to SR 13 / North Main Street|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. August 1926. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. June 1927. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 188, Pickaway County" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 188, Fairfield County" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 188, Perry County" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-04-21.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-04-16.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1936. Retrieved 2011-04-18.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved 2011-04-18.