Ohio State Route 247
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||36.49 mi (58.72 km)|
|Existed:||1925 – present|
|South end:||Dead end at the Ohio River near Manchester|
|North end:||SR 73 in Hillsboro|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ohio State Route 247.|
State Route 247 (SR 247) is a 30.49-mile (49.07 km) long north–south state highway in the southern part of the U.S. state of Ohio. SR 247 has its southern terminus at a dead end overlooking the Ohio River 0.35 miles (0.56 km) south of its junction with U.S. Route 52 (US 52), nearly 4.75 miles (7.64 km) northeast of Manchester. The northern terminus of SR 247 is at a signalized intersection with State Route 73 in Hillsboro.
SR 247 travels through the western half of Adams County and the southern portion of Highland County. There are no segments of SR 247 that are included within the National Highway System (NHS). The NHS is a network of highways identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2011)
The SR 247 designation was established in 1925. The highway was originally routed along its present alignment from its southern terminus northeast of Manchester to downtown West Union, replacing what was designated as SR 137.
In 1937, SR 247 was extended north to its present endpoint in Hillsboro, via a previously un-numbered roadway north to the current intersection with SR 137 south of Seaman, then what was the portion of SR 137 from that point north to the current western terminus of SR 785 (also was a part of SR 137 to that point), and finally along another un-numbered roadway from the point of the present SR 785 junction north into Hillsboro.
|Adams||Monroe Township||0.00||0.00||Ohio River||Southern terminus at dead end|
|0.35||0.56||US 52 – Portsmouth, Manchester|
|West Union||7.34||11.81||SR 41 north / SR 125 east (East Main Street) / North Second Street||Southern end of SR 41 / SR 125 concurrency|
|7.49||12.05||SR 41 south / SR 125 west (West Main Street) / South Cross Street||Northern end of SR 41 / SR 125 concurrency|
|Wayne Township||16.58||26.68||SR 137 west||Eastern terminus of SR 137|
|Seaman||17.26||27.78||SR 32 (James A. Rhodes Appalachian Highway)|
|18.16||29.23||SR 770 north (Thomas Avenue)||Southern terminus of SR 770|
|Highland||Jackson Township||25.87||41.63||SR 785 east / CR 3 (Fair Ridge Road)||Western terminus of SR 785|
|Hillsboro||36.49||58.72||SR 73 (Muntz Street / Belfast Road) / South East Street|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. August 1924. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. August 1925. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 247, Adams County" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams: SR 247, Highland County" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1936. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved 2011-08-05.