Ohio State Route 251
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length||4.81 mi (7.74 km)|
|South end||US 50 near St. Martin|
|North end||US 68 near St. Martin|
State Route 251 (SR 251) is a north–south state highway located in the southwestern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Its southern terminus is at U.S. Route 50 (US 50) about one mile (1.6 km) south of St. Martin in northern Brown County. The northern terminus of SR 251 is at US 68 nearly two and a half miles (4.0 km) northwest of St. Martin in southwestern Clinton County.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2011)
When it was designated in 1925, SR 251 was routed along what is now US 68 between US 50 in Fayetteville and the current northern terminus of SR 251 south of St. Martin. US 68's predecessor, SR 53, concurrent with US 50 east to the current southern terminus of SR 251, and then followed the entire present alignment of SR 251 before resuming its northward path along the current alignment of US 68. In 1930, SR 251 and SR 53 swapped alignments, such that SR 53 now followed a straight alignment north out of Fayetteville that US 68 utilizes today, and SR 251 now appeared along its present-day routing.
|Brown||Perry Township||0.00||0.00||US 50 / Murray Corner Road|
|2.64||4.25||SR 123||Southern terminus of SR 123|
|Clinton||Jefferson Township||4.81||7.74||US 68 – Fayetteville, Wilmington|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. August 1924. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODHPW. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. August 1925. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- "DESTAPE". Ohio Department of Transportation. June 24, 2015. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. August 1929. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1930. Retrieved 2011-01-19.