Ohio State Route 58
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length||41.63 mi (67.00 km)|
|South end||US 250 in Ashland|
| US 20 in Oberlin|
I-80 / I-90 / Ohio Turnpike near Amherst
SR 2 in Amherst
|North end||US 6 in Lorain|
State Route 58 (SR 58) is a north–south state highway in northern Ohio maintained by the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT). The 41.627 miles (66.992 km) that make up SR 58 serve the cities of Ashland, Wellington, Oberlin, Amherst, and Lorain in Ashland and Lorain Counties. Its southern terminus is at US 250 in Ashland, and its northern terminus is at US 6 in Lorain.
Part of the highway now SR 58 has been a state highway since the creation of the system in 1912. SR 144 followed the modern-day SR 58 between downtown Ashland and Oberlin. In 1923, SR 58 was assigned to what is now the entire length of SR 89 and the current SR 58 from Sullivan to Oberlin. The remainder of the current route was designated SR SR 96. By 1927, SR 58 was routed into downtown Ashland. In 1930, it was extended north to its current end in Lorain at what was at the time designated SR 2. The only major change to the routing occurred around 1995 when the southern terminus was moved to the US 250 bypass north of Downtown Ashland.
|Ashland||Ashland||0.00||0.00||US 250 to I-71 – Wooster, Norwalk|
|Orange Township||3.20||5.15||SR 302 – Savannah, Redhaw|
|Sullivan Township||9.13||14.69||SR 89 south – Polk||Northern terminus of SR 89|
|11.62||18.70||US 224 – Wadsworth, Greenwich|
|Lorain||Huntington Township||16.62||26.75||SR 162 – New London, Spencer|
|Wellington||21.32||34.31||SR 18 (Herrick Avenue)|
|Pittsfield Township||26.11||42.02||SR 303 – Wakeman, Lagrange|
|Oberlin||28.10||45.22||US 20 – Norwalk, Elyria|
|30.10||48.44||SR 511 (Lorain Street)|
|Amherst Township||35.18||56.62||SR 113 – Milan, Elyria|
|35.87||57.73||I-80 / I-90 / Ohio Turnpike – Cleveland, Toledo||Exit 140 (Ohio Tpk.)|
|Amherst||38.44||61.86||SR 2 – Cleveland, Sandusky||Exit 164 (SR 2)|
|Lorain||41.08||66.11||SR 611 (West 21st Street)|
|41.63||67.00||US 6 / LECT (West Erie Avenue) / Leavitt Road – Vermilion, Sheffield|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- Map of Ohio Showing Inter-County Highways (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by James R. Marker, State Highway Commissioner. Ohio State Highway Department. 1912. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Map of Ohio State Highways Showing All Improved Roadways (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by E.C. Blosser. Ohio Department of Highways and Public Works. 1922. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by L.A. Boulay, Director. ODOH. 1923. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. ODOH. 1926. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. ODOH. 1927. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by Robert N. Waid, Director. ODOH. 1929. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by Robert N. Waid, Director. ODOH. 1930. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOT. Ohio Department of Transportation. 1992. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- 1995 Official Ohio Transportation Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOT. ODOT. 1995. Retrieved August 20, 2013.