Ohio State Route 611
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||11.13 mi (17.91 km)|
|Existed:||1937 – present|
|West end:||US 6 in Lorain|
|I-90 / SR 2 in Avon|
|East end:||SR 254 in Avon|
State Route 611 (SR 611) is an east–west state highway in the northern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. The western terminus of SR 611 is at a partial interchange with US 6 in Lorain. Its eastern terminus is at a signalized intersection with SR 254 in Avon.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2010)|
SR 611 was designated in 1937. Originally, the highway began at US 6 where it meets Colorado Avenue east of where US 6 crosses the Black River near downtown Lorain, and followed Colorado Avenue southeast to where the current SR 611 comes in at the intersection with Kansas Avenue and Henderson Drive. From there, the highway was routed along its current alignment to its eastern terminus at SR 254 in Avon.
In 1946, SR 611 took on the alignment that it follows today, as the result of a westward extension. From the intersection of Colorado Avenue, Kansas Avenue and Henderson Drive in Lorain, the highway was re-routed south onto Henderson Drive, which it used to cross the Black River, then turned southwesterly into a connection with 21st Street, which it followed heading west across Lorain to its current western terminus at US 6 in the northwestern portion of the city.
The entire route is in Lorain County.
|Lorain||0.00||0.00||US 6 west (West Erie Avenue)||Partial interchange; access provided from US 6 eastbound to SR 611 eastbound, and from SR 611 westbound to US 6 westbound (via SR 611-D) only|
|1.14||1.83||SR 58 (North Leavitt Road)|
|3.02||4.86||SR 57 (Broadway) to I-90 / SR 2 / Ohio Turnpike|
|Sheffield||8.58||13.81||SR 301 (North Abbe Road) – Sheffield Lake|
|Avon||9.78||15.74||I-90 / SR 2 – Toledo, Cleveland||Exit 148 (I-90/SR 2)|
|11.13||17.91||SR 254 (Detroit Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams - SR 611" (PDF). Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1936.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1937.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1945.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1946.
- "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams - SR 611-D" (PDF). ODOT. Retrieved January 26, 2014.