Ohio State Route 748
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length||5.80 mi (9.33 km)|
|Existed||1937 – present|
|South end||SR 126 in Shandon|
|North end||SR 129 near Millville|
State Route 748 (SR 748) is a north–south state highway in southwestern Ohio, a U.S. state. Situated in west-central Butler County, SR 748 has its southern terminus at SR 126 in the unincorporated community of Shandon. Its northern terminus is at SR 129 near Millville, just one-half mile (0.80 km) west of SR 129's junction with U.S. Route 27.
For its entire length, SR 748 is also known as Millville-Shandon Road.
SR 748 commences at its junction with SR 126 in the hamlet of Shandon. Starting out in a northwesterly direction, the highway passes through a residential neighborhood. Bending to the north, the highway enters into rural Morgan Township. The majority of SR 748 passes amid farmland, with the occasional patch of trees and numerous houses lining the roadway. After traveling due north, the highway bends to the northwest, meets Bell Road, then bends back to the north. SR 748 next bends to the northeast and then east-northeast, as it crosses Morgan-Ross Road, and into Ross Township. Following intersections with Kirchling Road and Layhigh Road, the state route bends back to the northeast, and crosses Fenton Road. The highway passes a number of houses prior to arriving at its endpoint at a T-intersection with SR 129 approximately one-half mile (0.80 km) of U.S. Route 27 and the village of Millville.
The entire route is in Butler County.
|Morgan Township||0.00||0.00||SR 126 (Cincinnati Brookville Road)|
|Ross Township||5.80||9.33||SR 129 (Hamilton Scipio Road) – Millville, Hamilton, Brookville, IN|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "DESTAPE - Butler County" (PDF). Ohio Department of Transportation. June 24, 2015. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2010-06-23.
- Google (November 20, 2015). "Overview Map of State Route 748" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved November 20, 2015.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1936.
- Ohio State Map (Map). Ohio Department of Transportation. 1937.