Ohio State Route 81
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||70.489 mi (113.441 km)|
|Existed:||1927 – present|
|West end:||SR 124 near Willshire|
|I-75 near Lima|
|East end:||SR 53 in Patterson|
|Counties:||Van Wert, Allen, Hardin|
State Route 81 (SR 81) is an east–west route in western Ohio. Its western terminus is at the Indiana state line near Willshire (the route continues as State Road 124), and its eastern terminus is at SR 53 in Patterson. The route also goes through or close to the towns of Elgin, Lima, Ada, and Dunkirk.
SR 81 was certified by 1927. It was originally routed from Ada to Patterson on the former northernmost section of the now-defunct SR 69. At the time of SR 81's current designation, SR 69 was rerouted to Mount Cory (this route is now part of SR 235). SR 81 was extended to the Indiana state line in 1940 along formerly unnumbered roads from Ada to Lima and along the route of the now-defunct SR 704 (which was created in 1937) from Lima to the state line. No major changes have occurred to the routing since then.
|Van Wert||Willshire Township||0.000||0.000||SR 124 west||Indiana state line|
|Willshire||0.422||0.679||US 33 west (Decatur Road)||Western end of US 33 concurrency|
|0.633||1.019||US 33 east / SR 49 south (State Street)||Eastern end of US 33 concurrency; eastern end of SR 49 concurrency|
|Willshire Township||0.730||1.175||SR 49 north||Western end of SR 49 concurrency|
|Liberty Township||9.123||14.682||SR 118 – Ohio City, Rockford|
|11.712||18.849||US 127 – Celina, Van Wert|
|Jennings Township||20.364||32.773||SR 116 / Elgin Converse Road – Venedocia, St. Marys|
|SR 66 south – Spencerville||Western end of SR 66 concurrency|
|Amanda Township||25.175||40.515||SR 66 north – Delphos||Eastern end of SR 66 concurrency|
|Lima||37.587||60.490||SR 309 west (North Jameson Avenue)||Western end of SR 309 concurrency|
|38.467||61.907||SR 65 (North West Street)||Western end of SR 65 southbound concurrency|
|38.519||61.990||SR 65 north (North Elizabeth Street)||Western end of SR 65 northbound concurrency|
|38.711||62.299||SR 65 south / SR 309 east (North Union Street)||Eastern end of SR 65 southbound / SR 309 eastbound concurrency|
|38.762||62.381||SR 65 / SR 309 (North Central Avenue)||Eastern end of SR 65 northbound / SR 309 westbound concurrency|
|Bath Township||40.742||65.568||I-75 – Dayton, Toledo||Exit 127 (I-75)|
|Hardin||Ada||54.248||87.304||SR 235 (North Main Street)|
|Dunkirk||64.372||103.597||US 68 (South Main Street)|
|Patterson||70.489||113.441||SR 53 (Kenton Street) / Main Street|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- "Division of Planning - Office of Technical Services - Destape files". ODOT. July 16, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2014 — Van Wert County, Allen County, Hardin County
- Google (February 15, 2014). "Ohio State Route 81" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. Ohio Division of Highways. 1926. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by G.F. Schlesinger, Director. ODOH. 1927. Retrieved September 22, 2013.
- Official Ohio Highway Map 1937 (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by John Jaster, Jr., Director. ODOH. 1937. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Ohio Highway Map 1939 (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by Robt. S. Beightler, Director. ODOH. 1939. Retrieved August 19, 2013.
- Ohio Highway Map 1940 (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by Robt. S. Beightler, Director. ODOH. 1940. Retrieved August 18, 2013.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Routes (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by L.A. Boulay, Director. ODOH. 1923. Retrieved August 18, 2013.