Ohio State Route 86
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||21.98 mi (35.37 km)|
|Existed:||1923 – present|
|West end:||US 20 in Painesville, Ohio|
|East end:||SR 534 in Windsor, Ohio|
|Counties:||Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula|
State Route 86 (SR 86) is an east–west state highway in the northeastern portion of the U.S. state of Ohio. Running more southeast-northwest, its western terminus is at US 20 in Painesville, and its eastern terminus is at SR 534 near Windsor.
A significant section of SR 86 was rerouted south of Painesville 2007–2008 in a project proposed since the early 1980s. The southern portion of this section, just north of I-90, was rerouted during the 2007 construction season, and the northern, bypassing a section with a history of slope sliding, in 2008, with the road opening in full on October 31. The SR 84/86 overlap was subsequently extended approximately a half-mile.
- 1923 – Original route established; no significant changes since its certification.
- 2007 - Southern end truncated at SR 534 northwest of Windsor.
- 2008 - Rerouted near north end, overlap with SR 84 lengthened.
|Lake||Painesville||0.00||0.00||US 20 (East Erie Street) / North State Street|
|0.84||1.35||SR 84 east (East Walnut Avenue)||Western end of SR 84 concurrency|
|1.64||2.64||SR 84 west (Bank Street)||Eastern end of SR 84 concurrency|
|Geauga||Thompson Township||10.97||17.65||SR 166 (Rock Creek Road)|
|Montville Township||14.38||23.14||US 6|
|15.42||24.82||SR 528 (Madison Road)|
|Ashtabula||Windsor Township||21.98||35.37||SR 534 (Painesville-Warren Road)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
Route map: Google
- "Division of Planning - Office of Technical Services - Destape files". ODOT. July 16, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2014 — Lake County, Geauga County, Ashtabula County
- SR 86 Relocation Information. Ohio Department of Transportation District 12.
- Scott, Mark (2001-06-21). "All quiet at meeting on Route 86 plan". The News-Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-23.
- "State Route 86 reopens" (Press release). Ohio Department of Transportation District 12. 2008-10-31. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- Jones, David W. (2008-10-30). "Route 86 to reopen in Concord Township.". The News-Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- Horton, John (2008-11-03). "Road Rant: Willoughby Hills reacts in timely manner to slow traffic signal". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved 2009-03-19.
- "Ashtabula County Updates: 2008". Ohio Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2009-07-11.
- Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived May 23, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Route 86 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived October 31, 2004, at the Wayback Machine.