Ohio State Route 9
Route of SR 9 highlighted in red
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length||92.51 mi (148.88 km)|
|Existed||1935 – present|
|South end||SR 148 in Armstrongs Mills|
|US 30 / SR 644 near Kensington|
|North end||US 62 near Salem|
|Counties||Belmont, Harrison, Carroll, Columbiana|
State Route 9 (SR 9) is a north–south route running through four counties in east central Ohio. Its route is 92.5 miles (148.9 km) long. The southern terminus is at SR 148 in Armstrongs Mills and the northern terminus is with US 62 north of Salem.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)
This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (October 2010)
- before 1931 – Route 9 ran from Cincinnati to Michigan. This highway followed the current U.S. Highway 127 from the Ohio River at Cincinnati to just south of Bryan and followed current Ohio State Route 15 northward to the Michigan state line.
- 1935 – New incarnation of route 9 certified; Originally routed from Malaga to Salem along current routes 145, 148, and 9.
- 1938 – Southern end truncated to Armstrongs Mills.
- 1974 – Northern end extended through Salem to 2 miles (3.2 km) north of Salem.
|Belmont||Washington Township||0.00||0.00||SR 148 (Captina Road)||Southern terminus|
|Smith Township||5.94||9.56||SR 147 (Main Street)||Southern end of SR 147 concurrency|
|6.71||10.80||SR 147 (Belmont–Centerville Road)||Northern end of SR 147 concurrency|
|10.38||16.70||SR 149 (Belmont–Warnock Road)||Southern end of SR 149 concurrency|
|10.51||16.91||SR 149 (Warnock–Glencoe Road)||Northern end of SR 149 concurrency|
|I-70||Diamond interchange; exit 216 on I-70|
|St. Clairsville||15.39||24.77||US 40 (Main Street)|
|Harrison||Athens Township||24.70||39.75||SR 149 (Flushing–New Athens Road)||Northern terminus of SR 149|
|New Athens||25.24||40.62||SR 519|
|Cadiz||31.90||51.34||US 250||Southern end of US 250 concurrency|
|US 22 (Cadiz–Steubenville Road) / US 250||Northern end of US 250 concurrency; Partial cloverleaf interchange|
|Rumley Township||39.94||64.28||SR 151 (Jewett–Scio Road)||Southern end of SR 151 concurrency|
|Jewett||41.77||67.22||SR 151 (Main Street)||Northern end of SR 151 concurrency|
|German Township||46.07||74.14||SR 646 (Annapolis Road)||Southern end of SR 646 concurrency|
|46.66||75.09||SR 646 (Rumley East Road)||Northern end of SR 646 concurrency|
|Carroll||Loudon Township||51.13||82.29||SR 164 (Amsterdam Road)||Southern end of SR 164 concurrency|
|51.19||82.38||SR 164 (Amsterdam Road)||Northern end of SR 164 concurrency|
|Lee Township||56.40||90.77||SR 43 (Steubenville Road)||Southern end of SR 43 concurrency|
|Center Township||61.28||98.62||SR 39 (Salineville Road)||Southern end of SR 39 concurrency|
|Carrollton||61.79||99.44||SR 39 / SR 43 / SR 332||Northern end of SR 39/43 concurrences; Northern terminus of SR 332|
|Washington Township||65.47||105.36||SR 171 (Waynesburg Road)|
|Columbiana||Hanover Township||76.76||123.53||US 30 / SR 644||Southern end of US 30 concurrency; Northern terminus of SR 644|
|Hanoverton||78.30||126.01||US 30||Northern end of US 30 concurrency|
|Hanover Township||81.51||131.18||SR 172|
|Perry Township||88.81||142.93||SR 45|
|Salem||90.47||145.60||SR 14 / SR 173||Southern end of SR 14 concurrency|
|90.73||146.02||SR 14 / SR 344||Northern end of SR 14 concurrency|
|92.51||148.88||US 62||Northern terminus at a T-intersection|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services DESTAPE - Belmont County" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services DESTAPE - Harrison County" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services DESTAPE - Carroll County" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services DESTAPE - Columbiana County" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- Route 9 (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived December 14, 2004, at the Wayback Machine.
- Explanation of the Ohio State Highway System (The Unofficial Ohio State Highways Web Site) by John Simpson[unreliable source] Archived July 23, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
Route map: Google