Ohio State University, Lima Campus
|Motto||Disciplina in civitatem|
(Latin, "Education for Citizenship")
|President||Michael V. Drake|
|95 full and part time academic faculty|
|Students||995 full and 286 part time|
57,748 (all campuses)
|Undergraduates||1,181 (Lima campus),|
44,307 (all campuses)
|Postgraduates||100 (Lima campus),|
14,441 (all campuses)
|Campus||565 acres (Lima campus),|
15,311 acres (61.96 km2) (total all campuses)
|Athletics||5 varsity sports,|
7 intramural sports
|Colors||Scarlet and Gray|
The Ohio State University, Lima, also referred to as Ohio State Lima is a regional campus of Ohio State University located in Lima, Ohio. Its 565-acre (2.29 km2) campus is located in Lima, 80 miles (130 km) south of Toledo, Ohio. It offers over 140 courses and 9 bachelor degree programs in science and liberal arts. Nine of eleven programs are four-year programs at Lima. Two of them are baccalaureate completion programs. In addition to regional accreditation, Ohio State Lima has baccalaureate program accreditation with NCATE. The campus practices open admissions. Students can start at Lima and finish their degrees at The Ohio State University, Columbus with one of Ohio State’s 170+ majors. The Ohio State University at Lima offers over 20 student clubs and organizations. There are also 12 intramural and club athletic teams. The Lima Campus Library has 76,000 volumes and 200+ journal subscriptions. Library databases also provide access to thousands of online journals. The University shares the campus with James A. Rhodes State College.
9 Complete four-year programs are:
2 Baccalaureate completion programs are:
The Ohio State University at Lima offers students opportunities for social, recreational, cultural, and educational growth. These organizations include:
- Animal Welfare League
- ASL Club
- Autism Speaks
- Barons Baseball Booster
- Baron Billiard Club
- BIO Club
- Buckeye Scholars
- Business Club
- Campus Activities Board (CAB)
- College Democrats
- College Republicans
- Creative Writing Club
- Dance Club
- Dark Sky Watchers
- French Club
- Gamers' Guild
- Grub Club
- History Club
- Improv Club
- Lima Aggies
- Lima College Exchange Club
- Lima Engineering Club
- Martial Arts Club
- Math Club
- Meme Dream Team
- Multicultural Club
- Newman Student Outreach
- OSU at Lima Student Senate
- Photography Club
- Psych Club
- Running Club
- Stand up! Stand out!
- Stars & Stripes Forever Veterans Club
- The Bible Club
- University Band
- University Chorus
The Ohio State University at Lima is the only regional campus of The Ohio State University to have a pep band. It was started Winter Quarter, 2009, and has since played for the President of The Ohio State University, E. Gordon Gee, as well as multiple award banquets.
Varsity and intramural sports
The Lima Campus has five different varsity sports to choose from:
- Men's Basketball,
- Men's Baseball,
- Women's Basketball,
- Women's Volleyball
The mascot is the Barons and OSU Lima athletics are members of the Ohio Regional Campus Conference (O.R.C.C.).
Seven intramural sports include:
- Flag Football
- Beach Volleyball
- "Academic Programs". The Ohio State University at Lima. Archived from the original on 2012-11-14. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Apply". The Ohio State University at Lima. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "Student Life: Student Organizations and Clubs". The Ohio State University at Lima. Archived from the original on 2012-08-28. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "Athletics: Barons Intramural Sports". The Ohio State University at Lima. Archived from the original on 2012-09-09. Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "About the Library". The Ohio State University at Lima. Archived from the original on 2013-01-02. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- "James A. Rhodes State College". Ohio History Central. 2006-07-12. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- Official website
- Ohio State University, Lima Campus at National Center for Education Statistics: College Navigator