Ohio State University College of Engineering
Hitchcock Hall, location of department offices
|Type||State University College of Engineering|
|Dean||David B. Williams|
|360+ Engineering and Architecture faculty|
13 National Academy of Engineering members 
|Students||9,834 (College of Engineering)|
718 (Knowlton School of Architecture)
|Undergraduates||8,022 (College of Engineering)|
515 (Knowlton School of Architecture)
|Postgraduates||1,812 (College of Engineering)|
203 (Knowlton School of Architecture)
2070 Neil Avenue,
|Colors||Scarlet and Gray|
Engineering and architecture students can choose from academic programs in these departments:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Center for Aviation Studies
- Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering
- Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering
- Integrated Systems Engineering
- Knowlton School of Architecture
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
In 2013, Ohio State’s six-year graduation rate was 83.2%, up from 75% in 2009 and well above the national graduation rate of 57%.
Engineering and architecture
- bachelor’s degrees awarded (2012–2013): 1,294
- master’s degrees awarded (2012–2013): 490
- doctorate degrees awarded (2012–2013): 157
ACT composite mid-50% for incoming engineering students (2013): 27-31
In fiscal year 2012, this research was supported by more than $117M in externally sponsored research expenditures.
Ohio State is #2 nationally among public universities in industry sponsored research. Industry R&D expenditures for the College of Engineering in fiscal year 2012 totaled $36.7 million.
More than 40 research centers and laboratories provide students with access to facilities for research and teaching. The College of Engineering administers several research and interdisciplinary units, including:
- Aerospace Research Center - Center for Automotive Research - Center for Aviation Studies - Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis - Center for Occupational Health in Automotive Manufacturing - ElectroScience Laboratory - Nuclear Reactor Laboratory - Ohio Manufacturing Institute - Spine Research Institute - Transportation Research Center - Center for Emergent Materials (NSF MRSEC) - Simulation Innovation and Modeling (SIM) Center - Water Resources Center (USGS)
- 334 full-time engineering and architecture faculty members
- 13 National Academy of Engineering members
Location and environment
Facilities and equipment
Student organizations and activities
- MEGA - Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Graduate Student Association 
Career services and placement
Notes or references
- "Statistical Summary (2017)". engineering.osu.edu. College Of Engineering at Ohio State University. Retrieved 17 February 2019.
- "Departments - UOE- OSU".
- "About the College". COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. Retrieved 2018-04-04.
- "MEGA at The Ohio State University | Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Graduate Student Association". u.osu.edu. Retrieved 2018-04-04.