Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery
Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery is a United States National Cemetery located in the city of Rittman, in Medina County, Ohio. Administered by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, it encompasses 273.1 acres (1.105 km2), and as of 2014 had 10,019 interments.
Dedicated in 2000, Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery was the 119th National Cemetery created. Only a portion of it has been developed for use, but the rest is intended to service the interment needs of veterans and their families well into the future. The name Ohio Western Reserve refers part of the Northwest Territory, formerly known as the Connecticut Western Reserve, a tract of land in northeastern Ohio reserved by the state of Connecticut when it ceded its claims to western lands to the federal government in 1786.
- Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery
- National Cemetery Administration
- Rittman Military Cemetery at Genealogy Tracker
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery
- Ohio Western Reserve National Cemetery at Find a Grave