|HVV rapid transit station|
Station building by Henry Grell
|Location||Fühlsbütteler Straße 761
22335 Hamburg, Germany
|Platforms||2 island platforms|
|Parking||Park and Ride (252 slots)|
|Station code||ds100: AOPS
DB station code:4751
|Fare zone||103, 105, 203, 204|
|Opened|| 5 December 1906
1 November 1914
|Electrified||29 January 1908|
On 6 December 1906, the Hamburg-Altonaer Stadt- und Vorortbahn (City and suburban railway) — later abbreviated Hamburg S-Bahn — opened the double track Ohlsdorf–Blankenese line. Planned as an electric railway with overhead lines, the trains were first steam powered, because of difficulties concerning the construction of the electrical installations and a delay delivering the engines. Overhead lines were completed by 1 October 1907, however, electric operation only started on 29 January 1908.
Prior to 2008, Ohlsdorf had a bus shuttle service to bring passengers from the station to the airport. This was discontinued when a new station was constructed in the airport. An S-Bahn maintenance depot is located south-east of the station.
Ohlsdorf is served by the Hamburg S-Bahn S1 and S11 lines — from Wedel in the German state of Schleswig-Holstein or Blankenese to Poppenbüttel or Hamburg Airport — and Hamburg U-Bahn U1 line, from Norderstedt to Großhansdorf in Schleswig Holstein or the Hamburg suburb of Wohldorf-Ohlstedt.
Passengers travelling in the direction from the central station to the airport have to pay attention at Ohlsdorf, the last station before reaching the airport, because all trains are being split up at this station. The front part-train (carriages 1, 2 and 3) proceeds to the airport, while the rear part-train (carriages 4, 5 and 6) is running to Poppenbüttel, a suburb of Hamburg. There are sufficient signs and announcements in German and English language to get the passengers informed. In addition the trains stop at Ohlsdorf for about 2 minutes to allow passengers to change to a carriage which runs to their intended destination.
|Preceding station||Hamburg S-Bahn||Following station|
|Preceding station||Hamburg U-Bahn||Following station|
toward Norderstedt Mitte
- "Ohlsdorf". bahnhof.de (in German). Deutsche Bahn AG. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Park + Ride car parks". hvv.de. Hamburger Verkehrsverbund (HVV). Archived from the original on December 20, 2014. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- "Stationspreisliste 2017" [Station price list 2017] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 18 November 2016. Retrieved 14 December 2016.
- Fare Zone Plan (PDF), Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, retrieved 2009-03-18
- "Haltestelle Ohlsdorf". hamburger-bahnhoefe.de (in German). Retrieved 27 December 2014.
- Borchers, Jan; Heimann, Martin; Pischek, Wolfgang (2002), Die Hamburg S-Bahn (in German), Munich: GeraMond, p. 30, ISBN 3-7654-7191-7
- Höltge, Dieter; Kochems, Michael (2008), Straßen- und Stadtbahnen in Deutschland (in German), Band 11: Hamburg, Freiburg: EisenbahnKurier, p. 254, ISBN 978-3-88255-392-5
- Rapid Transit/Regional Rail (PDF), Hamburger Verkehrsverbund, 2008-12-14, archived from the original (PDF) on January 17, 2009, retrieved 2009-03-26
Media related to Bahnhof Hamburg-Ohlsdorf at Wikimedia Commons
- Line and route network plans at hvv.de (German) (English)