Oil & Gas Journal
|Sister newspapers||Offshore Magazine|
The Oil & Gas Journal is a leading petroleum industry weekly publication with a worldwide coverage. It is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma and the journal has a major presence in Houston, Texas. The journal is published by PennWell Corporation. Its publisher is Paul Westervelt, Vice President of PennWell Corporation, and editor is Bob Tippee. The first issue was published in 1902. Its online information services started in 1994.
LexisNexis database describes the Oil & Gas Journal as an authoritative source on the petroleum industry aimed at engineers, oil management and executives throughout the oil and gas industry. The weekly publishes news, analysis, statistics, and technology updates on exploration, drilling, production, pipeline, transportation, refining, processing and marketing. It is a subscription trade publication. Oil & Gas Journal has about 20,000 subscribers for the printed issue and 80,000 for digital subscriptions.
The Oil & Gas Journal began in 1902 as the Oil Investor's Journal of Beaumont, Texas, which covered the oil boom that followed the nearby Spindletop discovery. As the oil discoveries spread along the Gulf Coast, the magazine relocated to Houston. In 1910 the magazine was purchased by Patrick C. Boyle, long-time publisher of the Oil City Derrick in Pennsylvania. Boyle moved the publication briefly to St. Louis, Missouri, then to Tulsa, where it still resides.
- Foster Natural Gas Report
- Petroleum Economist
- Platts – provides energy and metals information and benchmark price assessments in the physical energy markets
- "Source Information: Oil and Gas Journal". LexisNexis. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Sabatier, Lou Ann (2011-01-12). "Everything Publishing. An Interview with Paul Westervelt, VP and Group Publishing Director, Oil & Gas Journal, PennWell". Publishing Executive. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Moylan, John (2011-11-09). "Oil drilling returns to Gulf of Mexico". BBC News. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Perin, Monica (2011-11-09). "Wageneck named publisher of Oil & Gas Journal". Houston Business Journal. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "Patrick C. Boyle," Oil Trade Journal, May 1920, p.92.