|Look up oil in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Oil is any of a number of nonpolar, hydrophobic, and viscous liquids.
Oil most often refers to:
- Petroleum (crude oil), naturally occurring liquid found beneath the Earth's surface, or a derived product:
- Lubricant, a substance that reduces friction between surfaces
- Cooking oil, any liquid fat used in food preparation
- Big Oil, a name used to collectively describe major oil corporations
Arts and entertainment
- Oil paint, paint with pigments suspended in an oil
- Oil painting, the process of using paints based on oils
- Oil (band), a group of Californian heavy metal musicians
- OiL, a band from Pennsylvania now called CKY
- Oil: Chicago Punk Refined, a compilation CD of punk bands from Chicago, U.S.
- Midnight Oil (band), also known as "The Oils," Australian rock band
Television and film
- Oil, the original title of 1980s soap opera Dynasty
- "Oil" (Dynasty), the debut episode of Dynasty
- "Oil" (The Young Ones), a 1982 episode of The Young Ones
- Oil (film), a 2009 Italian documentary
- Oil, an early title of the U.S. TV series Blood and Oil
- Oil!, a novel by Upton Sinclair published in 1927
- OIL (incorporations and corporate services), a company
- The Office of Infrastructure and Logistics (European Commission) in Luxembourg
- Oil India Ltd
- Oil Insurance Limited, a mutual insurance company
- Oilexco (TSX: OIL, LON: OIL), an oil company
- Ontology Inference Layer or Ontology Interchange Language, an ontology infrastructure for the Semantic Web
- OSEK Implementation Language, a description language used in OSEK systems
- Langues d'oïl (in Romance languages)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Oil.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.