Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Channels||Digital: 15 (UHF)|
|Owner||Okinawa Television Broadcasting Co., Ltd.|
|Founded||December 25, 1955|
|First air date||December 25, 1955 (beta broadcast) |
July 16, 1956 (demo broadcast)
May 12, 1958 (test broadcast)
November 1, 1959 (official broadcast)
|Call letters' meaning||Okinawa Fuji |
(prefecture name/network affiliation)
|Former callsigns||KSDW-TV (1959–1972) |
|Former channel number(s)||Analog: |
10 (VHF, 1959–1972)
8 (VHF, 1972–2011)
Okinawa Television Broadcasting Co., Ltd. (沖縄テレビ放送株式会社 Okinawa Terebi Hōsō Kabushiki-Gaisha), also known as OTV, is a Japanese broadcast network affiliated with the FNN. Their headquarters are located in Okinawa Prefecture.
- December 25, 1955: Okinawa TV were established, and had first started its beta operations upon its early birth.
- July 16, 1956: The station receives its application for its TV broadcasting license and are therefore starting its demo emissions.
- May 12, 1958: Its company were registered, as the broadcaster begins its test transmissions.
- November 1, 1959: Okinawa TV adopts its first logo, as the network gets into on-air and commences its official broadcasts, although it were set up as Okinawa Prefecture's first broadcaster. The initial calls were KSDW-TV, on channel 10.
- May 5, 1968: Color transmissions begin.
- May 15, 1972: When the United States returned Okinawa back to Japan, the station moved to channel 8, prompting it to change callsigns to JOOF-TV. It also adopted Japanese broadcasting standards: the Japanese variant of NTSC (NTSC-J) and the new frequency.
- December 1, 2006: Digital terrestrial television and 1seg transmissions started from their Naha main station.
- July 24, 2011: Analog transmissions end.
- Naha (Main Station) JOOF-TV 8ch 5 kW
- Izena-West 50ch 0.1w
- Izena-East 58ch 0.1w
- Kumejima 57ch 30w
- Kumejima-East 61ch 1w
- Hedona 55ch 0.1w
- Nakijin 32ch 300w
- Motobu 58ch 0.1w
- Untembaru 60ch 0.1w
- Goga 59ch 0.1w
- Agarie 50ch 1w
- Sukuta 60ch 0.1w
- Henoko 58ch 0.1w
- Onna 37ch 3w
- Ishikawa 56ch 3w
- Gushikawa 52ch 10w
- Goya 20ch 10w
- Takaharu 49ch 0.1w
- Kita-Nakagusuku 57ch 0.1w
- Ginowan 37ch 10w
- Aja 52ch 0.1w
- Shuri-Yamagawa 47ch 0.1w
- Shuri 57ch 3w
- Sashiki 56ch 30w
- Shikiya 58ch 0.1w
- Naha(Main Station) JOOF-DTV 15ch
- OTV Prime News - from 16:55 until 18:55 on Weekdays
- Kyōdo Gekijō (The Local Theater) - from 15:00 until 15:55 on Thursdays
- Kurashi to Keizai(Life and Economy) - from 16:50 until 16:55 on Fridays