Oklahoma State Highway 105
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||29.11 mi (46.85 km)|
|Existed:||January 26, 1955 – present|
|West end:||SH-33 east of Guthrie|
|East end:||SH-18 south of Agra|
State Highway 105 (abbreviated SH-105) is a state highway in the north-central part of the U.S. state of Oklahoma. It runs for 29.11 miles (46.85 km) across Logan and Lincoln Counties. It has no lettered spur routes.
SH-105 was formed over the course of 1955. The eastern half of the road was added to the state highway system first, in January of that year, followed by the western half, added in June.
The highway begins at State Highway 33 just east of Guthrie, just east of Interstate 35. It heads due east from here, passing just north of the northernmost tip of Country Club Lake. Just after this lake, the highway turns southeast, then back to the east, bringing it onto the section line that it will follow for the remainder of its route. The highway crosses the Indian Meridian north of the town of Meridian. The highway continues east, crossing from Logan into Lincoln County.
At the unincorporated place of Four Corners, the highway intersects US-177 north of Carney, its first highway junction in 21 miles (34 km). Three miles (4.8 km) later it runs through the small town of Tryon. The highway crosses a railroad track about halfway between Tryon and its eastern terminus. Five miles (8 km) later it ends at State Highway 18, two miles (3.2 km) south of Agra.
SH-105 was first commissioned on January 26, 1955. At this time, the highway began at SH-40 (present-day US-177) west of Tryon, and ended at SH-18 south of Agra. The highway was extended west to its current western terminus east of Guthrie on June 4, 1955. The highway has no further alterations to its extent since.
SH-105 was originally gravel-surfaced. By 1959, the eastern half of the highway had been paved. The western half of the highway was not shown on the official state map at all until the 1981 edition, which showed it as paved.
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation. "Memorial Dedication and Revision History, SH 105". Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-06-02.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation (n.d.). Control Section Maps: Logan County (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Oklahoma City: Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation (n.d.). Control Section Maps: Lincoln County (PDF) (Map). Scale not given. Oklahoma City: Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- Oklahoma Atlas and Gazetteer (Map). 1:200,000. DeLorme. 2006. pp. 32–33.
- Official State Map (Map) (2005-2006 ed.). Oklahoma Department of Transportation.
- Oklahoma's Highways 1956 (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- 1959 Oklahoma Road Map (PDF) (Map). Oklahoma Department of Highways. Retrieved 2010-06-03.
- Official State Map (PDF) (Map) (1981 ed.). Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2010-06-03.