Location in Clark County and the state of Arkansas
|• Total||0.8 sq mi (2.0 km2)|
|• Land||0.8 sq mi (2.0 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||371 ft (113 m)|
|• Density||189/sq mi (72.8/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0052980|
The Battle of Elkin's Ferry of the Civil War occurred here between April 3–4, 1864, as a part of the Camden Expedition. Union forces, led by Maj. Gen. Fred Steele, sought to ford the Little Missouri River, as the local roads were impassable. The force reached Elkin's Ferry before the Confederate cavalry brigades, led by Brig. Gen. John S. Marmaduke, and the Confederates were defeated.
Okolona has several churches; the Saint Clair Baptist Church, Okolona Baptist Church, Okolona First United Methodist Church, and Center Grove United Methodist Church.
Okolona is located in western Clark County at  Arkansas Highway 51 passes through the community, leading northeast 21 miles (34 km) to Arkadelphia, the county seat, and south 8 miles (13 km) to Interstate 30.(34.000589, -93.337362).
As of the census of 2000, there were 160 people, 70 households, and 45 families residing in the town. The population density was 79.2/km² (204.8/mi²). There were 86 housing units at an average density of 42.6/km² (110.1/mi²). The racial makeup of the town was 68.12% White and 31.88% Black or African American.
There were 70 households out of which 22.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 57.1% were married couples living together, 5.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 35.7% were non-families. 34.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 12.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.29 and the average family size was 2.96.
In the town the population was spread out with 20.0% under the age of 18, 9.4% from 18 to 24, 24.4% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 21.9% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42 years. For every 100 females there were 100.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.0 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $30,833, and the median income for a family was $35,000. Males had a median income of $30,500 versus $17,500 for females. The per capita income for the town was $14,318. None of the families and 0.6% of the population were living below the poverty line.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Okolona town, Arkansas". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved June 16, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 11, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.