This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Greatest hits album by Electric Light Orchestra|
|Genre||Symphonic rock, progressive rock, art rock|
|Length||49:22 (US United Artists original pressing)
43:49 (subsequent issues)
|Label||United Artists, Columbia/Jet|
|Producer||Jeff Lynne (all tracks), Roy Wood (track 1)|
|Electric Light Orchestra chronology|
Olé ELO is the second compilation album by the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) covering their early years. Released in 1976, this LP was originally compiled by United Artists Records as a promotional album for American radio stations, but when copies of the LP started selling to fans "underground" United Artists decided to release it in the US to capitalize on the band's growing popularity.
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|The Rolling Stone Album Guide|||
Original US United Artists pressings of the album contained the full-length versions of "Kuiama" and "Roll Over Beethoven", as included in the album Electric Light Orchestra II. Original promotional copies were pressed on gold vinyl. An extremely limited run of white, blue & red vinyl promotional pressings was also made. Later US releases and CBS/Jet reissues have included edited versions of these two songs.
- Side one
- "10538 Overture" – 5:25
- from the album The Electric Light Orchestra (1971), issued in the US in 1972 under the title No Answer
- "Kuiama" – 11:10 (1st United Artists pressing), 9:08 (later editions)
- from the album Electric Light Orchestra II (1973)
- "Roll Over Beethoven" – 8:02 (1st United Artists pressing), 4:31 (Single edit; later editions)
- from Electric Light Orchestra II
- Side two
- "Showdown" – 4:12
- "Ma-Ma-Ma Belle" – 3:35
- from On the Third Day
- "Can't Get It Out of My Head" – 4:26
- from the album Eldorado, A Symphony by The Electric Light Orchestra (1974).
- "Boy Blue" – 4:12
- Single edit; full version included on Eldorado
- "Evil Woman" – 4:15
- from the album Face the Music (1975)
- "Strange Magic" – 4:05
- from Face the Music
- Olé ELO at AllMusic
- Larkin, Colin (ed.) (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th edn). London: Omnibus Press. p. 916. ISBN 978-0-85712-595-8.
- Graff, Gary; Durchholz, Daniel (eds) (1999). MusicHound Rock: The Essential Album Guide. Farmington Hills, MI: Visible Ink Press. p. 383. ISBN 1-57859-061-2.
- Brackett, Nathan; with Hoard, Christian (eds) (2004). The New Rolling Stone Album Guide (4th edn). New York, NY: Fireside/Simon & Schuster. p. 274. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.