|Born||24 October 1946|
|Died||8 February 2015 (aged 68)|
|Parent(s)||Trygve Bratteli (father) |
Randi Bratteli (mother)
Ola Bratteli (24 October 1946 – 8 February 2015) was a Norwegian mathematician.
He was a son of Trygve and Randi Bratteli. He took the dr.philos. degree in 1974, and was appointed professor at the University of Trondheim in 1980, and at the University of Oslo in 1991. He was a member of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters.
- with Derek W. Robinson: Operator Algebras and Quantum Statistical Mechanics (Springer-Verlag, 2 volumes, 1980)
- Derivations, Dissipations and Group Actions on C*-algebras (Springer-Verlag, 1986)
- with Palle T. Jørgensen: Wavelets through a looking glass, the world of the spectrum (Birkhäuser, 2002)
- "Ola Bratteli". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "Gruppe 1: Matematiske fag" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Retrieved 28 October 2009.
- Sakai, Shōichirō (1982). "Review: Operator algebras and quantum statistical mechanics by Ola Bratelli and Derek W. Robinson". Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.). 7: 425–427. doi:10.1090/S0273-0979-1982-15056-X.
| Recipient of the Fridtjof Nansen Excellent Research Award in Science
|This article about a Norwegian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a European mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|