Ola Ray (born August 26, 1960) is an American model and actress most notable for her role as the girlfriend of Michael Jackson in the short film Thriller.
Ray modeled for Playboy and was the Playmate of the Month for the June 1980 issue.
Ray complained in the past about difficulties collecting royalties from her participation in Thriller. At first, Ray blamed Michael Jackson. She ultimately sued Jackson in May 2009 in a dispute to obtain uncollected royalties. Jackson died less than two months later on June 25 at age 50, after suffering cardiac arrest. In 2012, The Michael Jackson Family Trust settled the lawsuit.
- ^ a b c d "Playmate data". wekinglypigs.com. Retrieved 2 January 2011.
- ^ Rockwell, John (December 18, 1983). "Recent Releases". The New York Times.
- ^ Farber, Jim (January 27, 2009). "For Ola Ray, it was 'Thriller' of a lifetime". New York Daily News.
- ^ "The San Francisco Chronicle".
- ^ Dillon, Nancy (May 6, 2009). "Gloves are off! 'Thriller' star sues for royalties". New York Daily News.
- ^ Griffin, Nancy (June 24, 2010). "Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”: How an Iconic Music Video Was Made". Vanity Fair.
- ^ "Hoofdrolspeelster clip Thriller krijgt alsnog geld" (in Dutch). Novum Nieuws. May 11, 2012. Retrieved May 11, 2012.