Olabisi Onabanjo University
|Ogun State University|
|Motto||Excellentia Humana et Patriae opus|
|Vice-Chancellor||Professor Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde|
|Location||Ago iwoye , Ijebu ode, Ogun, Nigeria|
Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye is a state (owned and operated) university in Ago Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria. The university was founded July 7, 1982 as Ogun State University (OSU) and was renamed Olabisi Onabanjo University on May 29, 2001 in honour of Chief (Dr.) Olabisi Onabanjo, whose efforts as the then civilian governor of Ogun State gave birth to the university. Meanwhile, many students still refer to the institution as OSU, an acronym for the former name.
The university has had a total output of 10,291 graduates and 1,697 postgraduates.
Olabisi Onabanjo University has multiple campuses. The Main Campus in Ago Iwoye is popularly called Permanent Site (PS) by the students and a Mini Campus which was the home of the Faculty of Science till it was moved to the permanent site in January 2013. Faculty of Agriculture is in Aiyetoro, faculty of Engineering is in Ibogun, college of Medicine is in Shagamu, faculty of Pharmacy and department Biochemistry is at Ikenne. Students and alumni of the Olabisi Onabanjo University are addressed as ‘Great OOUITES.’
Information and activities amidst Students are communicated through the school's portal as well as notable privately owned magazines such as ' Inside OOU magazine', ' OOU Vanguard' and a few others.
The university has several faculties/colleges which are spread across its campuses in the state. They include ° Faculty of Science
° Faculty of Education
° Faculty of Law
° Faculty of Art
° Faculty of Social and Management Science
° Faculty of Basic Medical Science
° Obafemi Awolowo College of Medicine
° Faculty of Engineering and Environmental Sciences ° College of Agricrultural Sciences
- Professor John Olubi Sodipo, (November 1982-December 1990)
- Professor T. O Bamkole, (January 1991-March 1995)
- Professor O. Y Oyeneye, April 1995-November 1999
- Professor Layi Ogunkoya, November 1999-March 2001
- Professor Afolabi Soyode, April 2001-Jan 2006
- Professor Odutola Osilesi 2006-2009
- Professor Sofola Olusoga, 2009 
- Professor Wale Olaitan (2009-2013).
- Professor Saburi Adejimi August 2013 - May 2017
- Professor Ganiyu Olatunji Olatunde May 2017 till date
Amongst the alumni of Olabisi Onabanjo University are:
- Ibrahim Bio, minister
- Debola Ogunseye, football player
- Titilope Lawoyin, former MBGN as Ann Suinner
- Weird MC, rapper
- Sunny Melody, juju musician
- http://newsdiaryonline.com/oou.htm "OOU gets acting vice chancellor," newsdiaryonline.com, April 23,2009.