Early life and education
Born in Oyo State as the first child of his parents, Olaniyi had his formal education at St. Michael Primary School, Oke-Ibo, Oyo State and Durbar Grammar School, Oyo Town, Oyo State where he completed his secondary school education.
Olaniyi's acting career started in 1992, after joining a theatre group introduced to him by a friend. In 1996, Olaniyi relocated to Lagos State to further his career and has since starred in several Yoruba films.
- Edun Ara
- Opa Kan
- Omo Carwash
- Mawe Ku
- Sanyeri in London
- Olu Omo
- Salako Alagbe
- Omo Iya Meji
- Mama Do Good
- Sanyeri Oloka
- Area Boys
- Ise Awako
- Waheed Kolero
- Afoju Meta
- Were Merin
- Kosi Tabi sugbon
Olaniyi is married to Omolara Afonja with whom he has two children.
Awards and nominations
|2014||Yoruba Movie Academy Awards||Best Comedy Actor||Nominated|||
|2015||2015 City People Entertainment Awards||Best Movie Producer of The Year (Yoruba)||Nominated|||
|Comic Actor of The Year (Yoruba)||Nominated|||
- Dolapo, Amodeni (13 December 2013). "Comic actor, Sanyeri denies using wedding to raise funds". Ecomium Weekly. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- "Sanyeri Olaniyi Afonja". Nigeria Films. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Bada, Gbenga (13 May 2015). "3 funniest Yoruba actors in town". Pulse Nigeria. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Ayobami, Abimbola (27 May 2013). "Top Yoruba actors' battle to win at the Yoruba Movie Academy Awards". Premium Times. Retrieved 11 February 2016.
- Mayowa Wana, George (14 July 2015). "Olamide, Tiwa Savage, 360Nobs Nominated At 2015 City People Awards". 360Nobs. Retrieved 11 February 2016.