Olav Aasmund Smidsrød (9 November 1936 – 29 January 2017) was a Norwegian biochemist.
He was born in Sem. He took the siv.ing. degree in 1961 and the dr.ing. degree in 1971 at the Norwegian Institute of Technology, and was a professor at the University of Trondheim from 1977, later the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. He is known for his work with polymers, particularly heteropolysaccharides. In 2008 he was awarded the Gunnerus Medal. He is a fellow of the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters and the Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences.
- "Olav Aasmund Smidsrød til minne". Tønsbergs Blad (in Norwegian). 14 February 2017. p. 25.
- "Olav Smidsrød". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Retrieved 5 March 2009.
- "Priser og utmerkelser" (in Norwegian). Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters. Retrieved 7 June 2007.[permanent dead link]
- "Gruppe 4: Kjemi" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters. Retrieved 12 September 2012.
- "Medlemmer: SMIDSRØD, Olav Aasmund" (in Norwegian). Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
| Recipient of the Fridtjof Nansen Excellent Research Award in Science
(with Kjell B. Døving)
|This biographical article about a Norwegian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|