Olav Gunnar Ballo
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Olav Gunnar Ballo (born 22 October 1956) is a Norwegian politician for the Socialist Left Party (SV). He was elected to the Norwegian Parliament from Finnmark in 1997. He studied medicine at University of Würzburg, and has been a doctor. He represented SV in Alta municipality council from 1991-1997.
Ballo lost his daughter Kaja Bordevich Ballo in 2008. She committed suicide on 28 March 2008. This happened some hours after she had taken a Scientology personality test. The news made the front page of Norway's biggest newspapers, such as Verdens Gang and Dagbladet. Ballo divorced his first wife of 15 years in 1998. In 1999 he met, and later married, Heidi Sørensen, a politician for the Socialist Left.
Parliamentary Presidium duties
- 2005 – 2009 Vice President of the Odelsting.
- 1997 – 2001 Vice Secretary of the Odelsting.
Parliamentary Committee duties
- 2005 – 2009 member of the Standing Committee on Justice.
- 2001 – 2005 member of the Standing Committee on Labour and Social Affairs.
- 1997 – 2001 member of the Standing Committee on Labour and Social Affairs.
- Ballo, Olav Gunnar (2009). Kaja: 1988-2008 (in Norwegian). Norway: Cappelen Damm. ISBN 82-02-28932-7.
|Wikinews has related news: Family blames Scientology for daughter's death|
|This article about a Norwegian politician born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|