Olavsrosa (St. Olaf's rose) is a seal of quality, awarded by the ideal Norwegian organization Norsk Kulturarv/Norwegian Heritage.
The goal of the foundation Norsk Kulturarv is to contribute to the protection of Norwegian cultural heritage through sustainable use, under the motto: «Protection through use»
Olavsrosa is awarded to firms and institutions that offer activities and experiences of particularly high standard, with regard to the presentation and use of Norwegian cultural history, and currently (2016) 131 firms and institutions have been awarded this seal of quality.
Olavsrosa recipients (selection)
- Dalen Hotel
- Isfjord radio
- Krøderen Line
- Nordre Ekre
- Norwegian Museum of Hydropower and Industry
- Norwegian Sawmill Museum
- Numedal Line
- Quality Hotel 33, Oslo
- Refsnes Gods
- Ryvarden Lighthouse
- Southern Actor
- SS Bjoren
- Sygard Grytting
- Utstein Abbey
- Thamshavn Line
- Ytste Skotet
- Norsk Kulturarv's motto in Norwegian: «Vern gjennom bruk».
- The quality requirements for Olavsrosa
- Norsk Kulturarv/Norwegian Heritage's information on the quality mark Olavsrosa
- N.N. (1998) Norsk kulturarv – ei praktisk reisehåndbok. Vågå: Norsk kulturarv. ISBN 8291988005 (Norwegian)