Old Brookville, New York
|Old Brookville, New York|
|Incorporated Village of Old Brookville|
Location in Nassau County and the state of New York.
|• Total||4.0 sq mi (10.3 km2)|
|• Land||4.0 sq mi (10.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||95 ft (29 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||11545, 11548|
|GNIS feature ID||0959256|
The village is part of the North Shore School District.
Old Brookville is located at (40.827303, -73.601855).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 4.0 square miles (10 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,167 people, 722 households, and 618 families residing in the village. The population density was 545.2 people per square mile (210.8/km²). There were 760 housing units at an average density of 191.2 per square mile (73.9/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 89.20% White, 1.43% African American, 7.34% Asian, 0.55% from other races, and 1.48% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.03% of the population.
There were 722 households out of which 36.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 76.6% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 14.4% were non-families. 11.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.00 and the average family size was 3.22.
In the village, the population was spread out with 25.4% under the age of 18, 5.5% from 18 to 24, 23.1% from 25 to 44, 30.5% from 45 to 64, and 15.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 43 years. For every 100 females there were 97.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.8 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $233,192, and the median income for a family was $255,731. Males had a median income of $108,562 versus $82,625 for females. The per capita income for the village was $98,874. About 0.3% of families and 0.4% of the population were below the poverty line, including 0.2% of those under age 18 and 0.7% of those age 65 or over.
Notable residents of Old Brookville, New York include:
- Jose Reyes, Major League Baseball Player for the New York Mets
- Garth Snow, Former National Hockey League Goalie and Current General Manager of the New York Islanders
- Chad Pennington, Former National Football League New York Jets and Miami Dolphins Quarterback
- Rick DiPietro, Former National Hockey League Goalie for the New York Islanders
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
||Glenwood Landing||Glen Head||Matinecock|
|Roslyn Harbor||Upper Brookville|