Old Dan's Records
|Old Dan's Records|
|Studio album by Gordon Lightfoot|
|Gordon Lightfoot chronology|
|Singles from Old Dan's Records|
Old Dan's Records is Canadian singer Gordon Lightfoot's ninth original album, released in 1972 on the Reprise Records label. The album reached #1 in Canada on the RPM national album chart on November 5, 1972, and remained there for three weeks. In the U.S., it peaked at #95 on the pop chart.
The album marks a continued evolution in Lightfoot's sound as he begins to add country influences to his standard folk sound with the help of the banjo, dobro and steel guitar. Lightfoot would continue to use these country influences in his music until the early 1980s.
- "Farewell to Annabel" – 2:59
- "That Same Old Obsession" – 3:46
- "Old Dan's Records" – 3:05
- "Lazy Mornin'" – 3:43
- "You Are What I Am" – 2:37
- "Can't Depend on Love" – 3:12
- "My Pony Won't Go" – 3:50
- "It's Worth Believin'" – 3:24
- "Mother of a Miner's Child" – 3:18
- "Hi'way Songs" – 3:37
All compositions by Lightfoot
- Gordon Lightfoot - Guitar, Vibes
- Rick Haynes - Bass
- Terry Clements - Guitar
- Red Shea - Guitar, Classical guitar, Dobro
- Barry Keane - Drums, Percussion
- Dave Brown - Percussion
- Bruce Good - Autoharp
- Larry Good - 5-string Banjo
- David Bromberg - Slide Dobro ("My Pony Won't Go")
- Nick De Caro - Piano, Orchestral arrangements
- Ollie Strong - Steel
- Old Dan's Records at AllMusic. Retrieved February 9, 2012.
- Library and Archives Canada. http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/rpm/028020-119.01-e.php?brws_s=1&file_num=nlc008388.4233&type=1&interval=24&PHPSESSID=fo29c3lm9r4jevi2cu27jn68o5
- See Juno Awards of 1974.
- "Release "Old Dan's Records" by Gordon Lightfoot". MusicBrainz. Retrieved 13 April 2017.