|Genres||Black metal, death metal|
|Associated acts||Burzum, Immortal|
|Past members||Olve Eikemo
Jørn Inge Tunsberg
Old Funeral were one of the first bands to form in the Norwegian extreme metal scene, formed in 1988. By 1992, the band had already dissolved, but since some of the former band members (such as Abbath and Demonaz of Immortal, and Varg Vikernes, in Old Funeral as Kristian Vikernes, of Burzum) are now quite famous as members of the early Norwegian black metal scene, Old Funeral has also gained recognition. Among their influences were Carcass and Morbid Angel.
- Olve Eikemo ("Abbath") – bass, vocals
- Kristian Vikernes ("Varg Vikernes") – guitar
- Tore Bratseth – guitar
- Jørn Inge Tunsberg – guitar
- Harald Nævdal ("Demonaz") – guitar
- Padden – drums, vocals
- Thorlak Sigvaldason – bass
- The Fart that Should Not Be (demo, self-released, 1989)
- Abduction of Limbs (demo, self-released, 1990)
- Devoured Carcass (EP, Thrash Records, 1991)
- The Older Ones (compilation, Hammerheart Records, 1999)
- Join the Funeral Procession (compilation, Hammerheart Records, 1999)
- Grim Reaping Norway (live album, Hearse Records, 2002)
- Our Condolences 1988–1992 (compilation, Soulseller Records, 2013)
- Old Funeral, Allmusic, accessed on 30 April 2013.
- Old Funeral, MusicMight, accessed on 30 April 2013.
|This article about a Norwegian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|