The Old Gum Tree
The Old Gum Tree is a historic site in Glenelg North, Australia. Near this tree on 28 December 1836, the British governor John Hindmarsh delivered the proclamation creating the colony of South Australia. A ceremony is held each year at the site on Proclamation Day, with the current Governor reading out Hindmarsh's original speech.
- City of Holdfast Bay: "Proclamation Day and the Old Gum Tree". Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "THE OLD GUM TREE". Observer. LXIV, (3, 412). South Australia. 23 February 1907. p. 44. Retrieved 28 September 2017 – via National Library of Australia.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 August 2007. Retrieved 28 December 2007.
- "Glenelg - Old Gum Tree". The Manning Index of South Australian History. Retrieved 7 June 2006.
- "Old Gum Tree Reserve". City of Holdfast Bay - days at the bay. Retrieved 1 January 2016.