Old Hickory, Tennessee
This area is located in the Hadley Bend section of eastern Davidson County. The area is probably best known for being a former company town as the site of a large DuPont plant. Many of the houses in Old Hickory were built to house DuPont employees and supervisors in the early days of the factory's existence.
Old Hickory is bordered by the Cumberland River on the north and west, Old Hickory Lake to the east, and the former city of Lakewood to the south. To the north of the area is also the location of Old Hickory Lock and Dam. The main street through the area is Old Hickory Boulevard (Tennessee State Route 45).
The area today is the site of a country club, large golf course, city park, a Chamber of Commerce, and the DuPont plant, which has been mostly shut down but continues to employ a few hundred workers. The Nashville National Weather Service Forecast Office is located just to the southeast in nearby Wilson County, but it has an Old Hickory mailing address.
Many historic homes are located in the area known as the Village of Old Hickory, containing a number that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The smaller bungalow houses were built by DuPont as residences for factory workers, with the larger homes being designated for management. Many of the formerly dilapidated houses in the area are being bought, repaired and modernized.
- Nate Bargatze (1979-), a stand up comedian and actor
- Cathy Gordon Brown (1965-), an Independent candidate for President of the United States in the 2000 presidential election
- Feller Brown (1945-), a realtor and member of the Nashville Metropolitan Council
- Darren Jernigan (1969-), Tennessee Democratic politician
- Jack Kershaw (1913–2010), attorney and sculptor who represented James Earl Ray
- William F. Lyell (1921-1951), a corporal in the United States Army during the Korean War; posthumously received the Medal of Honor
- Ken Shipp (1929-2012), American college and professional football coach
- Mike Turner (1955-), a Tennessee Democratic politician
- Edgar S. Woolard, Jr. (1934-), former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DuPont
- Old Hickory Area Chamber of Commerce—Old Hickory, Tennessee[dead link]
- Census Bureau map of 37138 5-Digit ZCTA
- Martin, Douglas. "Jack Kershaw Is Dead at 96; Challenged Conviction in King’s Death", The New York Times, September 24, 2010. Accessed September 25, 2010.