Rajiv Gandhi Salai
|Maintained by Tamil Nadu Road Development Corporation|
|Length||43.7 km (27.2 mi)|
|Existed||29 October 2008–present|
|State Highways in Tamil Nadu|
State Highway 49A also known as Rajiv Gandhi Salai and Rajiv Gandhi IT Expressway or just IT Expressway is a major road connecting Chennai, Tamil Nadu with Mahabalipuram in Chengalpattu district, Tamil Nadu. It is 45 km long and was earlier known as the Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR). The road starts from Madhya Kailash Temple on Sardar Patel Road in South-East Chennai and terminates on East Coast Road near Mahabalipuram.
Besides, State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu Ltd (SIPCOT) has developed a Cyber City, spread over 2000 acres in Siruseri, abutting the IT Corridor. Many IT/ITES Companies have set up their facilities in the Cyber City.
There are two toll plazas on OMR and three on the roads leading to OMR.
- Entrance toll plaza at Seevaram (Perungudi)
- Exit plaza at Egattur
- Satellite toll plaza on 200 feet Thoraipakkam-Pallavaram radial road
- Satellite toll plaza on Sholinganallur-Medavakkam link road
- Satellite toll plaza on Sholinganallur-ECR link road (Kalaignar Karunanidhi Salai)
Some of the image captions in this gallery may require cleanup to comply with Wikipedia guidelines. Please improve this article if you can. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Old Mahabalipuram Road.|
- The Federation of OMR Residents Associations
- "the Road to The future" - IT Corridor (home page)
- Newindpress - One for the Road
- SIPCOT IT Park map
Arterial roads of Chennai
|Transport by cities|