|Directed by||Lee Chung-ryoul|
|Produced by||Goh Young-jae|
|Written by||Lee Chung-ryoul|
|Starring||Choi Won-gyun |
|Music by||Heo Hoon |
|Edited by||Lee Chung-ryoul|
Old Partner (Hangul: 워낭 소리; RR: Wonang Sori; lit. "Cowbell Sound") is a 2008 South Korean documentary film directed by Lee Chung-ryoul. Set in the small rural town of Hanul-ri in Sangun-myeon, Bonghwa County, North Gyeongsang Province, the film focuses on the relationship between a 40-year-old cow and an old farmer in his 80s.
The film was a surprise success. It attracted over 2.93 million viewers, setting the record for the highest grossing independent film in Korean film history. It won the PIFF Mecenat Award at the Pusan International Film Festival and the Audience Award at the Korean Independent Film Awards. Lee Chung-ryoul became the first independent film director to receive the Best New Director award at the Baeksang Arts Awards.
Awards and nominations
- Won the PIFF Mecenat Award at the 2008 Pusan International Film Festival
- Won the Audience Award at the 2008 Seoul Independent Film Festival
- Nominated for the World Cinema Documentary at the 2009 Sundance Film Festival
- Won the Audience Award at the Korean Independent Film Awards
- Won Best New Director at the 2009 Baeksang Arts Awards
- Won Best International Documentary at the 2009 Italian Environmental Film Festival
- "Documentary Film Has Mass Appeal". KBS World. 3 February 2009. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Old Partner". Sundance Institute. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- "Old Partner Rattles Korean Film Scene". KBS World. 2 March 2009. Archived from the original on 2009-03-04.
- Kim, Nemo (15 December 2014). "Korea Box Office: Local Documentary Tops Weekend Chart". Variety. Retrieved 15 December 2014.
- 연초 극장가 '독립 영화' 화제작 잇단 개봉. SBS News (in Korean). 5 January 2009. Retrieved 2014-06-15.
- Old Partner – Wyo-nang so-ri
- Official website (in Korean)
- Old Partner on IMDb
- Old Partner at the Korean Movie Database
- Old Partner at HanCinema
|This South Korean film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This documentary film article about environmental issues is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|