Old Siam, Sir
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009)
|"Old Siam, Sir"|
|Single by Wings|
|from the album Back to the Egg|
|B-side||"Spin It On"|
|Released||1 June 1979(UK)|
|Recorded||23 July 1978|
|Wings singles chronology|
"Old Siam, Sir" is a hard rock single from Wings' 1979 album, Back to the Egg. It was the A-side of the UK version of the single, reaching No. 35. The B-side, "Spin It On" in the UK was also a track from the album, "Back to the Egg". "Old Siam, Sir" was also the B-side of the US single "Arrow Through Me".
Wings drummer Steve Holley, while playing keyboards during a studio session, developed a chord sequence that was eventually used in the instrumental section of the song. Paul McCartney and guitarist Denny Laine later recorded an instrumental demo for the song called "Super Big Heatwave".
- Paul McCartney – vocals, bass, electric guitar
- Linda McCartney – keyboards
- Denny Laine – electric guitar
- Laurence Juber – electric guitar
- Steve Holley – drums
|UK Singles (OCC)||35|
- "Official Charts: Paul McCartney". The Official UK Charts Company. Retrieved 2011-10-13.
- Exclusive: Ex-Wings guitarist, Laurence Juber, talks about attending 'Paul McCartney University' « Daytrippin' Beatles Magazine
- "The Irish Charts – Search Results – Old Siam Sir". Irish Singles Chart. Retrieved 27 December 2020.
- "Official Singles Chart Top 100". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 27 December 2020.