The Older Peron was the name for a period identified in 1961 as an episode of a global sea-level (i.e. eustatic) high-stand during the Holocene Epoch. Modern understanding of the various factors involved in quantifying eustatic sea level, particularly processes relating to ocean siphoning and glacio-hydro-isostatic adjustment, claim that such previous instances of purported high-stands were not globally coherent, and do not constitute episodes of eustatic sea level higher than present.
- 4.2 kiloyear event
- 5.9 kiloyear event
- 8.2 kiloyear event
- Marine regression
- Neolithic Subpluvial
- Piora Oscillation
- Sea level
- Sea-level rise
- Younger Peron
- Holocene Transgression
- Fairbridge, Rhodes W. (1961). "Eustatic Changes in Sea Level". Physics and Chemistry of the Earth. 4: 99–185. Bibcode:1961PCE.....4...99F. doi:10.1016/0079-1946(61)90004-0.
- Lewis, S. E.; Sloss, C. R.; Murray-Wallace, C. V.; Woodroffe, C. D.; Smithers, S. G. (2013). "Post-glacial sea-level changes around the Australian margin: a review.". Quaternary Science Reviews. 74: 115–138. Bibcode:2013QSRv...74..115L. doi:10.1016/j.quascirev.2012.09.006.
- Wyrwoll, Karl-Heinz; Zhu, Zhongrong; Kendrick, George; Collins, Lindsay; Eisenhauer, Anton (1995). "Holocene Sea-Level Events in Western Australia: Revisiting Old Questions". Journal of Coastal Research (Special Issue 17): 321–326. JSTOR 25735659.
- Mitrovica, J. X.; Peltier, W. R. (1991). "On postglacial geoid subsidence over the equatorial oceans". Journal of Geophysical Research. Bibcode:1991JGR....9620053M. doi:10.1029/91jb01284.
- Fleming, Kevin; Johnston, Paul; Zwartz, Dan; Yokoyama, Yusuke; Lambeck, Kurt; Chappell, John (1998). "Refining the eustatic sea-level curve since the Last Glacial Maximum using far- and intermediate-field sites". Earth and Planetary Science Letters. 163 (1-4): 327–342. Bibcode:1998E&PSL.163..327F. doi:10.1016/s0012-821x(98)00198-8.
|This climatology/meteorology–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|