Creme Puff (cat)
|Other name(s)||Crème Puff|
August 3, 1967|
Austin, Texas, U.S.
|Died||August 6, 2005
Austin, Texas, U.S.
Creme Puff (August 3, 1967 – August 6, 2005), (Felis catus) was a domestic cat, owned by Jake Perry of Austin, Texas, who died aged 38 years and 3 days. She was the oldest cat ever recorded, according to the 2010 edition of Guinness World Records. Perry had another cat, Granpa, who was claimed to have been born in Paris in 1964 and died in 1998, aged 34 years and 2 months. Granpa was posthumously awarded 1999 Cat of the Year by Cats & Kittens magazine. Granpa was featured in an earlier edition of Guinness World Records. The co-authors of at least one book have pondered whether the longevity of Perry's cats may have had something to do with an unusual diet of, among other things, bacon and eggs, asparagus, broccoli, and coffee with heavy cream, concluding that Perry "must be doing something right."
- Guinness World Records 2010. Bantam; Reprint edition. 2010. p. 320. ISBN 978-0-553-59337-2.
The oldest cat ever was Creme Puff, who was born on August 3, 1967 and lived until August 6, 2005—38 years and 3 days in total.
- Oldest cat ever, Guinness World Records Corporate, retrieved 20 April 2012
- Warren, Jessica (Oct 23, 2009). "Caterack Dies - World's Oldest Cat Was 30!". The National Ledger. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
A report from MSNBC News notes that the oldest cat ever recorded was a 38-year-old feline named Creme Puff, according to a rep from Guinness World Records.
- "Grandpa Rexs Allen - Cats & Kittens 1999 Cat of the Year", Cats & Kittens Magazine, archived from the original on 2010-02-26, retrieved June 28, 2010
- "Old cat fat with asparagus on 32nd birthday". CNN. Feb 6, 1997. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- "Incredible kitty going for record". The Sun. 25 August 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-16.
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, Granpa was the longest-living cat. He lived to be 34 years and two months....
- Bicket, Tammy L.; Brandon, Dawn M. (2008). Hugs for Cat Lovers. Howard Books. p. 88. ISBN 978-1-4165-5705-0.
- South Paws, a documentary about Jake Perry and his cats.
|This felid-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This pet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|